No power to the unit

I came in from a camping trip plug ny unit in with no luck. Battery was dead with no power from ad source.
have checked fuses ok can any give me any ideas.

danemayer

I came in from a camping trip plug ny unit in with no luck. Battery was dead with no power from ad source.
have checked fuses ok can any give me any ideas.
Hi Richard,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

If I understand the problem, you're plugged into a working outlet at home but none of the 110V appliances in the trailer are working. Also none of the 12V lights or other 12V stuff is working and the battery is dead. Yet it was all working that morning when you left the campground.

It seems like an awfully big coincidence that your battery would go dead and the A/C side of the coach would go bad at the same moment. I suppose if you were boondocking you might have run the battery down, but it should have gotten some charge while hooked up to your tow vehicle.

Have you verified that you have 110V power at the outlet your trailer is plugged into? Have you ever used this power source before? Also, you said you checked the fuses. Did you check the circuit breakers? Flip them off and back on - sometimes it's hard to tell by feel whether they've tripped.

I notice you've posted in the Inverter/Converter section of the forum, suggesting you think that's where the problem lies. But even if the converter were dead, your 110V appliances should be working ok.

It would also help to let us know what kind of trailer you have, and a little more detail about your camping trip: whether you used shore power on your trip and whether everything worked correctly prior to and during your trip.