• americanheritagervpark.com
  • Pets ok?: Yes
  • Pet Fee: $
  • WiFi available: Yes
  • WiFi Fee: $$0

Details:
------------------------------
  • Number of sites held:
  • Site fee: Winter special below per night.
  • Club Member Event fee: None
  • Non-Club Member fee:
  • Potluck: No
  • Potluck date: 12/2/2012
  • Potluck time: 4:30pm

• Event Leader: Flying Dutchman(click to contact)

Additional Info:
Join us for a fun filled weekend in Williamsburg to start your Christmas season. Make your reservation with the campground early as they may fill up fast for this festive weekend. The campground is offering a Winter Site Special-Stay 3 nights/4th night Free (NOV-MAR) $135.75. Tell campground you are with the Heartland group (van Opstal) and they will try to site us together. We will attend Colonial Williamsburg Grand Illumination on Sunday 12/2. The event is Free, just bring a chair and wear your woolies. We plan to have a group picnic on the lawn as we watch the roving/changing entertainment. Picnic dishes to be organized by the group attending. This event is guaranteed to put you in the Christmas spirit.
If you have not experienced Colonial Williamsburg Grand Illumination, you have missed a fun filled evening. The event is called Grand Illumination because hundreds of candles are lit simultaneously in the windows of the Historic Area buildings signaling the official opening of the holiday season in the restored area. Each entry door is decorated with wreaths fashioned from all natural materials such as apples, oranges, holly and sprig. Colonial Performances begin at 4:25pm. A variety of traditional holiday entertainment takes place including fifes and drums, balladeers and musicians, and costumed performers. At evening's conclusion, three identical but separate coordinated firework displays (at the Capitol, Governor's Palace, and Magazine) will light up the sky.

Attendee List:

1. Eric and Dorothy van Opstal (Flying Dutchman)
2. Dave Yocum and Julie Hancock (davebennington)
3. Dick and Debbie Hazel (funlabs)
4. Nancy and John Latham (camperjohn08)
5. Gus and Debra Funderburg (boatto5er)
6. Erik Schiebert and Rebecca Needham (vakthund)
7. Cindy and Donald Massengill (Andy)
8. Marsha and Johnnie Turner (currituck0209)
9. Janet and Roger Burnham (burnhamrog)
10. Jim and Leslie Pasch (Jim-n-Leslie)
11. Dave and Gloria Green (captdave363)
12. Dick and Virginia Naigle (DOLMAR)

Last edited:

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
This will be the second camp-out in Williamsburg this calendar year. If you plan on attending, please contact me (or reply here) after making your campground reservation so that I can add you to the attendee list. Although predicting the weather would be nice if possible, it will be early December in Virginia which means generally cold nights and cool days. All of the events for the Grand Illumination will be outdoors, so warm comfortable clothing will be needed. For those concerned if winter conditions or salt covered roads exist around the days of this event, it is far easier to cancel a reservation than to decide to attend at the last moment.:)

camperjohn08

We are thinking about this outing.. As you know me, it all depends on our weather for that time of the year.. Wish I had a Farmers Forecast Calendar for future weather.. Hopefully we can come to this.. No Promises though.:rolleyes:

Flying Dutchman

That's great Jim and Harriet, you will really enjoy this one. Just pack the woolies and bring some sunshine.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Add us to your list Eric. No reservation yet, but will call in the next couple of days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flying Dutchman

Wahoo, the Funderburg's will be with us. So glad that your plans will allow this, maybe you can get Bob and Stephanie to join us as well. Remember to bring the woolies for Romeo and Juliet.:)

vakthund

The Vikings will be attending. Reserved 11/29-12/03 but did not get a site number. Our first event so be nice :)

---
One day I'll put something clever in here.

boatto5er

The Vikings will be attending. Reserved 11/29-12/03 but did not get a site number. Our first event so be nice :)

---
One day I'll put something clever in here.

Erik,

Glad you'll finally make it to one of our get togethers! Smaller numbers than a rally, but should still be lots of fun.

camperjohn08

Well we went and did it......... Made our reservations for 29 Nov thru 4 Dec..But if there is a stich of snow, salt on the road or bad weather in the forecast.. we will cancel..:eek:
Just being honest here.:eek:
Looking forward to Great Weather, Great Company, and a Good Mini-Rally between Friends.. Now for the nail biting Farmers Weather Forecast between now and then..:rolleyes:
Oh Yea.. we will be on site 24.....................

boatto5er

Now John, it's not real camping til you're in a foot of snow! Glad y'all signed up.

camperjohn08

Now John, it's not real camping til you're in a foot of snow! Glad y'all signed up.

Now ya know my Ford SD doesn't like to be playing in the show.. Especially when It has a nice warm safe place to live..:eek:

boatto5er

Now ya know my Ford SD doesn't like to be playing in the show.. Especially when It has a nice warm safe place to live..:eek:

You haven't had fun until you drive that sucker for 40 miles in 30 inches of snow!

camperjohn08

You haven't had fun John until you drive that sucker 40 miles through 30 inches of fresh snow.

Drove to NY one time, started out as rain, then freezing rain, light show, heavy snow, then a full blown blizzard... the only way I knew I was on the highway.. was keeping the car between the reflective poles on each side of the road.. normally took 8 hours to drive.. This was a Long, cold scary 13.5 hour drive to ****.. Will Not do that again.. Hence My dislike for snow..:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.