Rodent protection

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Some people have had good luck using Bounce fabric softner sheets. Use plenty of em'.
A bunch of mouse traps are good but you have to check them regularly.
There has been some recent discussion on the use of the electronic rodent detering devices.
Welcome to the forum.

Peace
Dave

Speedy

We used a product that I picked up at the hardware store that was four pouches of very strong smelling mint (peppermint). We just tossed them all over the coach and we did not have a rodent problem I do have to say that I have no idea if anyone else had a rodent problem in the storage lot. I will say that the smell was not overpowering or toxic, just very minty.

I have read that the dryer sheets work about 50% of the time and mice have made nests with the material. Google it.

Bobby A

Like speedy said, I get peppermint oil from healthy food store, it comes in a bottle and put some drops on cotton swabs and place them in the basement area, I also use a electronic devise also. Both have proven successful for me. If in storage though you might not have access to electric and peppermint oil seems to have to be re applied every couple weeks.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I am going to try a prodct called Fresh Cab. Although it has been around for years I just recently learned about it from a local dairy farmer. HERE is some additional information. I will let you know if it works!

RAHanock

I had similar problems. I found that there are a few major gaps for critters to get it. I plugged those up with foam rubber and gap filling expanding foam and have not had a problem since. I also use foam rubber (part of a swimming noodle) around the hose and any cables going into the UDC so they can't crawl up those.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I've plugged all the gaps and used dryer sheets in the past. Mice use dryer sheets for TP. This spring, I sprayed the entire frame and undercarriage with Mouse-Free. Haven't seen a mouse turd since. Or ants, for that matter. According to the product literature, Mouse-Free lasts a year. We'll see how well it works, come next May after it's been in storage over the winter.
http://www.mouse-free.com/

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
All the above works well....but we have one of these also.

Attachments

• crazy cat 017.jpg
    crazy cat 017.jpg
    764 KB · Views: 45

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
NO, Dan you silly goose, the pix is 17 jpg not 17 cats. Only one cat.....But BTW, she did turn 17 years old last July.

JohnDar

I've also got two furballs, too, but their union says they don't work in stored trailers over the winter. Not without a fat salary increase, anyways.

danemayer

She's one cute crazy cat. Made me miss ours - she passed away in February last year.

Attachments

• GracieCar2.jpg
    GracieCar2.jpg
    514.4 KB · Views: 48

Bobby A

I've plugged all the gaps and used dryer sheets in the past. Mice use dryer sheets for TP. This spring, I sprayed the entire frame and undercarriage with Mouse-Free. Haven't seen a mouse turd since. Or ants, for that matter. According to the product literature, Mouse-Free lasts a year. We'll see how well it works, come next May after it's been in storage over the winter.
http://www.mouse-free.com/

Hi John,
Looks like an interesting product, but according to the web site you have to take the unit to an authorized dealer for install, did you take your rig in or did you do it yourself ?? with like a garden sprayer or something ??

Bobby

JohnDar

Hi John,
Looks like an interesting product, but according to the web site you have to take the unit to an authorized dealer for install, did you take your rig in or did you do it yourself ?? with like a garden sprayer or something ??

Bobby

No dealer required. You can buy the product direct from them off their website and with a two gallon purchase, they send you the spray gun "free." On their site, click the Products tab and then the RV DIY button. It's a decent little sprayer and you can run it off a small air nailer compressor. I used my 3-gallon Makita compressor and had no problems. I was liberal with the application and still used a bit less than a gallon to cover mine.

Netem

I have been putting moth balls on the ground around the tires and it seems to be working.

TimDyck

We live on an acreage and have a few wild cats around so as long as they have acess to the underside of the trailer (not allowed inside ever) we don't have a mouse problem.