porcelain toilet cracked

dw68

Has any body had this happen to them? Newly purchased 21fbs, first time out and the toilet cracked near where it bolts to pedestal. It will be fixed under waranty, but wondering if it has been a problem for others, or if bolts were to tight when assembled.

danemayer

Hi dw68,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. You'll find lots of useful information here along with a great group of people who are willing to help out by sharing what they've learned.

I think this might be the first post about a cracked toilet that I've seen, and that covers 2 years of posts.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I'm with Dan on this. I have not heard of cracked a toilet.
My guess is that someone on the assembly line has been working out a little too much and over tightened the nuts.
A little warranty work and all is good again.

Peace
Dave

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
From my plumbing experience, sounds like it might have been just tightened down to much. Or it could have froze and busted. More than likely to tight.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
No cracked toilets in my time here. I wouldn't think too tight but maybe misaligned and then too tight.

dw68

Thanks for the replys. I was hoping that this wasnt a common problem. Once replaced it should be fine.