Gap in door...

Sandie

The bottom of our screen door has a fairly good sized gap along the entire bottom. Just noticed it as today was the first time we didn't need the a/c on. Shouldn't there be some sort of weatherstripping down there?

aatauses

Do you mean on the frame or on the plastic piece that is above the frame? If the plastic piece I took some calking on both sides and fixed the issue.
al

Sandie

The frame I guess. All along the bottom where the door should meet the floor there's nothing. It's like it's missing a weather strip, that rubber piece. Does yours have that?

Speedy

Ours has a black sweeper (fuzzy thing) along the width of the screen door. May have been pulled or fallen off look for a channel that it should slide into and then make a run to the hardware store for a replacement.

jbeletti

If you have the black fuzzy sweeper with a gap under it, then try to adjust the door. Do this by loosening all the hinge screws and move the door down a bit, then retighten.

This is what I do to resquare my door after I've added Lexan or Plexiglass the the screens.

Sandie

Nope, ours has no fuzzy thing. There is nothing there at all. Are they easy to install?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
You might call HL and have them send you one. When you install the new one, put a small dab of clear silicone at each end. They will move alittle when opening and shutting the door.

Sandie

Went to a small RV parts store close by and picked up this rubber weather stripping that fits right in there. Seems to work fine so far so we'll see.