3010RE Rear Entertainment Center Question

We are considering trading our '08-3055RL on a new '12-3010RE and have a concern about the electric motor drive on the TV in the rear entertainment center in this model. Has anyone experienced any problems with this configuration?

camperjohn08

We have the 3010RE.. So far we haven't had any problems, except for a loose wire nut. We took delivery of our unit in April of this year.
I also added a strap, that wraps around the tv and the tv mount itself. (where the tv actually mounts to the electric motor drive assy) My thinking is that an ounce of prevention will go along way to keeping things secure. . especially since it's in the tail end of the 5'er.. WE Both love the floor plan, and enjoy where the TV is placed and the couch and recliners too!
Good Luck with your future purchase.

SGeohagan

We have the 3610RE. Only problem I've had was the tape that holds the wiring to the back of the TV came loose and unplugged the TV. Easy fix and just replaced the tape. I check it regularly now.

danemayer

We have a Landmark Rushmore which has the RE layout. TV's been going up and down just fine for 2 years. The only problem we've had is with cables. I used velcro straps and some gorilla tape to make sure nothing gets snagged.

It's great to have the large windows on both sides of the living room, and also have a rear window when the TV is down.

Geonkat

We've had our 3410RE for over 2 years without any problems. I added some HDMI cables for Satellite Receiver and Blu-Ray player and at that time, I secured all the wiring with cable ties (zip ties) to make sure nothing got caught in the lift drive. Love this layout. Good luck with your future Bighorn!
George

Love the layout of the RE but the only problem we had was with the plugs from the dvd player. They snapped off at the ends and I can't get the pins out of the tv. But still love it, just am really careful now.

camperjohn08

Love the layout of the RE but the only problem we had was with the plugs from the dvd player. They snapped off at the ends and I can't get the pins out of the tv. But still love it, just am really careful now.
When any unit that has limited space.. I always use 90 degree adapters for either the HDMI cables or the RF plugs, that ensures they don't get caught. Done that with my HDTV on my 3010RE. You can get them on Ebay or Amazon.com either way it's just a measure of prevention.. also I switched the dvd player they had in the unit with a Sony BDVE580 Blu-ray player unit. It was a direct replacement, even all the speaker connections were the same (Just plug them in the back).. NOW MY Home Entertainment System Rocks.. And I can Play the Blu-ray's or DVD's Too! I did change out the Sub Woofer included with the new unit.. And You can now really enjoy the movies!!:)

How do you get the surround sound from the tv. Love the speakers in the ceiling and would love to have the sound when we watch football?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
How do you get the surround sound from the tv. Love the speakers in the ceiling and would love to have the sound when we watch football?
That will depend on what inputs you have on your receiver and what outputs you have on your TV.
You need to look for 'Audio Out' on the TV and 'Audio In' on your receiver.
If you have those, get the appropriate cable and connect the dots.
You will most likely then have to tell your receiver to get the signal from somewhere else. Like maybe 'Aux' or Audio2'. You will have to scroll through the menu.
Good luck.

Peace
Dave

camperjohn08

How do you get the surround sound from the tv. Love the speakers in the ceiling and would love to have the sound when we watch football?[/QUOTE
I connect the Digital Audio Out of the tv to the Digital Audio In of the Sony entertainment unit. This way you are actually transferring a digital signal from the tv to the Sony amp unit.. Then you will have the best sorround sound out of the speakers. Hope this helps..

RCF

When any unit that has limited space.. I always use 90 degree adapters for either the HDMI cables or the RF plugs, that ensures they don't get caught. Done that with my HDTV on my 3010RE. You can get them on Ebay or Amazon.com either way it's just a measure of prevention.. also I switched the dvd player they had in the unit with a Sony BDVE580 Blu-ray player unit. It was a direct replacement, even all the speaker connections were the same (Just plug them in the back).. NOW MY Home Entertainment System Rocks.. And I can Play the Blu-ray's or DVD's Too! I did change out the Sub Woofer included with the new unit.. And You can now really enjoy the movies!!:)

Did you have to purchase the whole home theater system or were you able to just buy the player somewhere?

camperjohn08

Did you have to purchase the whole home theater system or were you able to just buy the player somewhere?
I did my research and brought the Sony BDVE580 home entertainment system as a package. There isn't anywhere that you can just buy the main component of this system. I installed the new amp/blu-ray player, and the larger Sub Woofer that came with the new system. That model has now been superceeded by a newer model.. I brought it @ www.crutchfield.com You can either call them or go on-line and check with them or other web sites.. The Replacement unit would be the BDV-N790W.

More Info:
Locations where the Sony BDVE580 can still be brought:
Amazon.com $370.00 & free shipping
TigerDirect.com $370.00 & Free Shipping
Ebay.com $350.00 & Free Shipping

Hope this helps..

Last edited: