Soot?? in drawer

aatauses

Hi everyone,
We have a 2010 HL 3670. We are finding what appears to be soot?? in the drawer under the refrigerator? Any ideas will be appreciated!!
Thanks,
Currently in Kenai, AK

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Only way you would get soot in there is if you're running the fridge on propane and the burner is running poorly. Even then, I thought there was a panel under the fridge, separating it from the drawer. Remove the lower fridge vent from the outside wall and check conditions in that area. If it's black and sooty, you've found the problem. Other thought is that it could be dust or a mold of some kind.

hoefler

Most likely dust from the fridge wiggling in the cabinet as you down the road, then seeping down in the cracks of the cabinet. If it is soot, look in the access vent on the back of the fridge. On the bottom left of the unit, is there a pile of soot, this is where it will accumulate the most since the burner is right there. If no pile or coating of soot, not a soot problem.

aatauses

OK, thanks, I will check in the lower panel and see what I may find. I have always had the refer serviced each year in the spring, the last time was March 2012 when we were in AZ. I know the tech serviced both electric and the LP, however someting may have "jarred" and will check that too.
Appreciate all your responses.
al
currently in Kenai, AK