SOLVED: Toilet Bowl Filling Up by itself!

Bobby A

Noticed the last couple days the toilet bowl fills up on its own, it hasn't overflowed yet and I don't want it to. I read on another thread a simular problem and said it was a water supply valve. Could mine be going bad after over 3 years of full time in my rig ?? If so, anyone have a step by step process that you could share with me on how to R & R this part ?? Are these parts easy to find at any RV parts store?? I'm sure its a Sealand toilet not sure exactly of the model # at this time.

Thanks very much,
Bobby

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Re: toilet bowl filling up

Bobby,
Attached is the Sealand manual for the 210 series toilet, it might be what you have. For your problem, the fixes are either replace the spring cartridge or the valve body. I kinda doubt that an RV store would stock them, but it's worth a check.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

Bobby, Also make sure the pedal is not binding and returning to the neutral position. I'm not sure which model you have. The 210 has a left side pedal and the 310 is on the right.
Under the pedal cover you might add a dab of lithium grease to the top of that little plunger ball and make sure the screws holding the valve are snug.

jbeletti

Bobby - make sure you shut the water off to your coach each time you leave it, until you R&R this issue. I agree with the others - it's something in the fill valve that's operated by the foot pedal. Not sure of the warranty length by Sealand (a Dometic company) - but I've heard of great in-warranty service.

stevebotts

Ours went bad after about 3 years. Thank goodness we noticed this and it did not overfill during the night. Just get the part and the instructions on how to replace. We did it in about 30 minutes.

Bobby A

Wow, Thank you all for the quick replys, I will try to find the part ASAP or call Heartland to ship.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

I would call Dometic, not Heartland.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bobby A

Update,
Well I decided to sanitize my water lines this evening and while I had the water off I decided to tackle doing the R & R on the water valve, I took my time and made sure I did it right. It took me about 45 minutes but I wasn't hurrying. I put the new one in and all is good so far. I left the panel off for a couple days to make sure I don't have any leaks. Thank you all for your help.

Bobby A

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Thanks for the report Bobby. Glad it was an easy fix. We'll be heading south in about 2 weeks. Once we're all set up, we should have a cold one.

wdk450

You can get individual 1/2 inch PEX non-crimp (slide-on) shutoff valves at most good RV stores. Just cut the PEX line to the toilet (with the water pressure off), and slide on the valve.