Our Utah Camping / Riding trip...

dougw

So the wife and I did our Utah trip once again. We went back to Bryce Canyon just outside the national park. We spent a week there and had a great time with great weather. It rained on our 3rd day so the dust was at a minimum after that. We stayed at Kings campground. Running water and a dump station, plus clean restrooms if needed. Whats nice about Utah is they have a multiply well marked trail systems setup that seem endless. Since I was leading the wife around, it was I that was the bait for all of the deer we saw. They would jump right out in front of me and the wife would get a good laugh as I tried to dodge them.

Camp.JPG

Camp - Lots of trees and clean! Not a great view of camp. Lots of quiet and stars to be had.

Day2a.JPG

Day2b.JPG

Day 2 - This is what most of the views look like close to camp. You can ride right out of camp and find plenty of riding close by.

Day4a.JPG

The TE310 ran perfect at this elevation. It concord all it could find.

Day4c.JPG

Found some water to cross in one of the creeks.

Day4b.JPG

You can ride from mountains to valleys and lots of stuff in between. All of the places we rode were 2 track ATV riding trails. Not a lot of single track. Some places are 50" or less so bigger side by sides won't fit. On the excellent maps you can get the trails and ATV only routes are marked.

Day4e.JPG

The view towards the campground. For your fisherman the lake is accessible to small boats.

Day4d.JPG

This is another lake close by, Pine Lake. You can fish here as well. There is also another campground here as well.

Day5a.JPG

On day 5 we made a trek over to "strawberry Point". While you can't see them very well, there are a 100's of cabins all through this view.

Day5b.JPG

This is "mammoth Caves". In this hole there are caves that run underground to other openings.

Day6a.JPG

Some of the trails leading into "Castro Canyon"

Day6b.JPG

The wife having some fun in the water.

Day6c.JPG

The walls of Castro Canyon

Day6d.JPG

More of Castro canyon

utah2012.jpg

In the 2 trips we have made these are all the gps tracks and way points I have collected along the way. We have close to 800-1000 miles here and have barley touched all of the routes that they have marked.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Doug, Great pictures but, shhhhh, don't tell too many people. LOL. Trace

Last edited:

dougw

Oh, by the way, our new 17.5" tires and rims have made 2 trips now with over 1500 miles and all is good so far. Both ways of full driving on them and they stayed together. The cyclone as well worked flawlessly as well. This was also the longest trip the new f350 has gone and pulled the trailer up and down 8% grades with ease. Used alot of gas but the trip was well worth it.

Till next years trip(g), can't wait!