SOLVED: Pump looses prime

I have the 2011 RW305. I just took it out for our 1st weekend shake down, mostly had no trouble except for the water pump started to run on and
it seemed to loose water pressure, like are starved for water or running out of water. I have looked on this forum on this topic and see the pump is
in the garage area behind the panel just in front of the Universal Docking Center. I don't know what brand pump yet. Bit is seems by the way it acts
there is a blockage or kink rather than a bad pump as you can hear the pump prime now and then and then work normally.
I will post my finding. Does anyone want to add any advice at this point?
Thanks,
Leigh

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Re: Pump looses prime

Leigh, the pump might have an air leak on the suction side of the pump. I would check all the pex line clamps running to the pump and make sure that they tight.

Thanks Bob, I thought of that too. It does have a lot of air in the line intermittently so that would make sense.

I will take a look at it later today and post when I figure it out.
Leigh

I did add probably 40 gallons after seeing the problem thinking I was just low on water but it still happened, not much but still air and losing prime. So is there a way to physically visually check the water level because I don't trust the light indicators. Is the tank a white translucent see thru and can I pull an inspection plate somewhere to view with a flash light. In my Cherokee LT I could lift the rear sofa and at a glance check where the water level was.
Thanks,
Leigh

Got under there last night and found the problem. There is clear filter with a screw on bowl just before the water pump and it was partially unscrewed. I could see the air and hear the air while the pump was on. I also noticed white plastic shavings in the metal screen and it was about 30% plugged. I removed and cleaned it and then put it back together screwing it fairly tight with a rubber glove on for a better grip. The prime and air problem went away. I believe it to be solved!
Thank you to all.
Leigh