Fold-up Shower Seat Possibility?

tthelen

Former Product Owner
I have a 2005 Landmark Golden Gate. My disability is getting worse and, I need to get a fold-up shower seat installed. Is there any possibilty of getting a drawing or something that would show where there is a strong enough area to mount a seat? There is just not enough room to use a self standing seat. If I need to have one installed by the factory, I would gladly make the trek.

Thanks for any help

jpmorgan37

I know that Scott has been out of town this past week, but you might contact Matt at Recreational Specialties. They do custom work and their quality of work is very good. Phone him at 574.266.7911 or their web site is: www.rec-spec.com

John

Princess Kathleen

I have a bad knee that does not let me stand for a long period of time. Hubby found that the 2 step stool from Wal Mart would fit, so that is what I use. It works great....

PK

Scott

Good ideas both - no, we don't do this type of custom work at the factory, but as John mentioned, there are those who do.
ST

tthelen

Former Product Owner
Thanks to all. I will look into the custom work. I was just hoping I could get the "wall studs" location and then be sure the installation would be strong enough to support me. One thing I'm sure of, I don't have anorexia!
Tom

jbeletti

Tom,

It's not too scientific but on certain mornings, sometimes you can see condensate on the exterior of the trailer where the studs are. Using a grease pencil, one could mark these out, then later, transfer the measurements inside. This locating method may not yield as tight of tolerance as one may need for toggle bolts into the center of the aluminum studs.

I have never used one but from what I read, a stud finder may work. Make sure to get one that will measure to 1.5" depth. Here's a link that may be helpful.

Jim