Problem with Front of Bighorn

Mr.D

Tying How to Post..Not sucessful.....but WOW, My 3410 Big Horn is coming apart in the front...common problem with the 5th wheels I have learned. Only to be fixed at the plant. I can't make the time or money to run to Indiana from CA. But out of the goodness of the Company they will transport my 5th back and home for only over $8000.00. Isn't that a kind response??

danemayer

Hi Mr. D,

I moved your post to a new thread in the Bighorn section of the forum.

Sounds like Heartland is willing to repair your trailer even though it's out of warranty. It's too bad you're not in a position to take advantage of their offer.

RoadJunkie

Mr.D, Are you positive this repair can only be done at the factory? What do you mean by "coming apart"? Have you tried to get an estimate of how much it would cost to have the unit fixed in California? Just pick the cheapest option and the one you feel most comfortable will have the best outcome, quality repair, that is. It is very unfortunate you have to deal with this issue, best of luck.

wdk450

Tying How to Post..Not sucessful.....but WOW, My 3410 Big Horn is coming apart in the front...common problem with the 5th wheels I have learned. Only to be fixed at the plant. I can't make the time or money to run to Indiana from CA. But out of the goodness of the Company they will transport my 5th back and home for only over $8000.00. Isn't that a kind response??

As another Bighorn owner I would like to understand your problem of "front coming apart" in more detail.

You may be able to get a better rate from a Transporter as they usually have to "deadhead" (return without a paying load) from the West Coast to Indiana.

There are some comprehensive RV Collision Repairers here on the West Coast ( I know of 1 in Sacramento) that are familiar with disassembling and rebuilding RV's down to the frame level. Maybe you could persuade Heartland to work with one of those.

Good Luck!!!