Arizona Chapter

blkdodge

Is anyone aware if there is a Arizona Chapter? I have look through all and didnt see anything about Az.

Bksvo

I don't think so, but we should have one, there are certainly enough of us.

As it is, I think Arizona had the biggest RV rally in the country, lasting from November to March every year!;)

wdk450

Arizona is part of the Arizona-Nevada Chapter. Unfortunately, Arizona seems to get infrequent billing. They are having a rally in October in Las Vegas (see portal page).
I remember this from the official announcement of the chapter's formation that appeared here on the forum.

Here is a link to the first announcement of the chapter: //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/27058-Introduction-Nevada-Chapter-Leaders

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
blkdodge,
Floyd Philbrook has Arizona and Nevada. He is here at the Jackson California rally with us and I will make him aware of your interest. Trace

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
Members who would like to belong to an Arizona Chapter currently "default" to the Nevada Chapter because no one who lives (or winters) in Arizona has volunteered to become the Arizona Chapter Leader. Chapter rallies are typically held within the boundaries of the Chapter for the primary convenience of the Chapter members. As Arizona "defaults" to Nevada, Arizona is within the boundaries of the Nevada Chapter. Therefore, Nevada rallies can be held in Arizona.

This is SOP for any state or province that does not have a Chapter Leader.

So-o as others have said: someone from Arizona just needs to volunteer to be the Arizona Chapter Leader and you will have an Arizona Chapter. If anyone would like more info on the Chapter Leader position you may PM or email me at club@heartlandowners.org

MonsterRide

Hello Everyone,

We just purchased a Cyclone and are interested in learning about any Arizona/Las Vegas rallies. It's our first RV and we're excited to get going!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TandT

Hello Everyone,

We just purchased a Cyclone and are interested in learning about any Arizona/Las Vegas rallies. It's our first RV and we're excited to get going!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MonsterRide,
Welcome.
Go to the forum home page. At the top right there is a drop down tab that says events. That will show you any rallies that are currently scheduled.

FLOYD PHILBROOK is the Arizona-Nevada Chapter Leader. Trace

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
We have also Az members that are in the New Mexico Chapter and We may have a New Mexico/Az rally next Year.

FLOYD PHILBROOK

Nevada Chapter Leader
MonsterRide I am in the process of planning a rally in january same time as they have the good sam tent in quartsite. We had a campout last year and most attending would like to come back. I am trying to plan so we could hit the tent and the big car show together. Floyd ps. check into joining the owners club

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
RE: AZ CHapter.... After attending the Wyo National Rally, Julie was kind enough to give me all the emails to members in AZ. I send out an email of interest in creating an AZ Chapter. I received few responses and all of those who responded said they were busy for the year and could not attend a proposed rally in AZ for that Fall. Since no one really appeared to be excited, I let it go. I have just sent Julie an email to find out what it takes to create an AZ Chapter and what the Leader needs to do, time wise, expenses etc. I would be very interested in getting this up and running, if there is enough interest. We have so many wonderful places to attend a rally in AZ, it is a shame we have to drive to Colo, as in my case, NM the leader has stepped down and Nevada is a ways away as well. So let me hear from you if you have an interest. Perhaps I will dig out the old list or Julie will forward a current list and we can discuss this with the AZ area members.
While I am retired, I do have a ranch that requires some of my time, especially when the cows are here. But I feel we should all get together and enjoy our great State! The new federal park camp ground "Apache Trout Campsite" at big lake is really a wonderful wonderful camp ground. Full hook ups, clean and NEW....Great pricing as well. Just to name one of many places to share.
I am a Viet Nam Vet and travel with a Service Dog, Dakota.
Let me hear of any interests out there!
Garry & Dakota

TandT

Garry,
FloydPhilbrook (the acting Arizona Chapter Leader) just had a AZ chapter rally in Quartzsite two weeks ago.
HERE are the details of that rally.
About twenty rigs attended, most from around the southwest. Sorry we missed you.
Looking forward to meeting you. Trace

Last edited:

Mrsfish

You are reading my mind! I also belong to the Colorado club because that's where I travel to, but I haven't been to any rallies also. Would love to have an arizona chapter and I will help (but not run). You're right - ther are some incredible places to show off in AZ. Maybe help some of our forum friends get out of the snow - or at least give them an excuse :)

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
Just a clarification about Chapter borders. Each state or province is potentially it's own Chapter. (Texas and California have multiple chapters). If no one steps up to assume the Chapter Leader role in a given state, that state will "default" to another state until such time as someone volunteers to be the Chapter Leader.

So it is with Arizona. It currently "defaults" to Nevada because no one has volunteered to assume the Chapter Leader role. Once someone volunteers, Arizona will become a separate Chapter.

Hope this helps :)

Doublegranch

Trace:
Thanks for the email...had company from out of state could not make it....I contacted Julie and will proceed with setting up an AZ Chapter if there is interest within the AZ group.

Garry

Doublegranch

You are reading my mind! I also belong to the Colorado club because that's where I travel to, but I haven't been to any rallies also. Would love to have an arizona chapter and I will help (but not run). You're right - ther are some incredible places to show off in AZ. Maybe help some of our forum friends get out of the snow - or at least give them an excuse :)[ Ann & Rick....thanks for the support. I will step up to be the CL if we can get enough people to express interest. I have contacted Bob the x Colo CL who is now living in Scottsdale. Hope he can give me some input and moral support as well. THanks again. Garry & Dakota]

Mrsfish

You are reading my mind! I also belong to the Colorado club because that's where I travel to, but I haven't been to any rallies also. Would love to have an arizona chapter and I will help (but not run). You're right - ther are some incredible places to show off in AZ. Maybe help some of our forum friends get out of the snow - or at least give them an excuse :)[ Ann & Rick....thanks for the support. I will step up to be the CL if we can get enough people to express interest. I have contacted Bob the x Colo CL who is now living in Scottsdale. Hope he can give me some input and moral support as well. THanks again. Garry & Dakota]

you're on!! I'm anxious to meet some of these wonderful people on this forum and would love to show off our state. I still work full time, but I'm game whenever I can.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Trace:
Thanks for the email...had company from out of state could not make it....I contacted Julie and will proceed with setting up an AZ Chapter if there is interest within the AZ group.

Garry
I wouldn't worry to much about drumming up interest. "If you build it they will come"

jimtoo

I wouldn't worry to much about drumming up interest. "If you build it they will come"

This is my thoughts also... maybe plan a rally in Jan,, Feb when there are a lot of folks spending the winter there.

Jim M

OH<< I saw>> Garry raise his hand to be elected chapter leader..:)