Build Time

retroxrider

Recently ordered our 3670 from the dealer. Now we are wondering what the build time usually is on a unit. We would love to know where in the process the unit is.

Thanks

jbeletti

retroxrider,

The factory may chime in on this but I understand customer orders to take about 6 to 8 weeks when factoring in transit time to your dealer. Sometimes this lead time is cut when dealer stock unit is coming down the line configured similar to your order. Sometimes those units can flip to become a 'retail sold' unit.

Also, your dealer is the best place to get build dates, off line dates and estimated delivery dates. I'd give them a call and ask them to do this leg work for you.

Jim

retroxrider

Thanks Jim.

As much as I trust my dealer and sales rep, I just like to get info from other sources too.
The dealer told me that the units they have ordered have been taking about 5 weeks from order date to delivery. When we ordered ours, he said that it may actually be here sooner than originally expected. Hopefully they had a similar unit already in the pipe as you suggested.

Thanks again

Phil

dewwood

It only takes two days to build the unit, but the scheduling for production usually takes from four to eight weeks. We got ours in four with the shutdown for the 4th of July in that time but we were fortunate to get it into the production schedule that quickly. I think they said they put out 12 to 14 units per day when I visited the factory for a tour. Like Jim said they then have to get it to the dealer which may hold it up for a week or so.