Place a second water pump switch the bathroom.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
How many times have you pulled in after being on the road, rushed to the bathroom and low and behold the water pump is off?
How about placing a second water pump switch in the bathroom? Trace

Wharton

We did that ourselves as part of our standard mod when we buy a trailer. We also don't like to sleep with the noisy furnace on but also don't like the cold trailer. Put a switch next to the bed that turns the thermostat on/off. Just reach out of bed, turn the furnace on and in 10-15 minutes life is good..

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We carry a 1/2 gallon bottle of water on the floor behind the stool. Works great for those situations when you need to rinse the bowl.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I think I'll go ahead and put another switch in parallel with the existing one, in the bathroom next to the can.
It should be fairly simple. My bathroom wall backs up to the control panel. Trace

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Trace, sounds like a good idea! Take pix along the way! You might win "mod of the week!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChopperBill

As long as you are fooling around with the switch I would also put one down by the docking station. I would probably use that a lot.

ILH

As long as you are fooling around with the switch I would also put one down by the docking station. I would probably use that a lot.

My 2013 Road Warrior has a switch in the UDC as well as the normal control centre. I have to admit that a swjtch in the bathroom would be handy.

danemayer

I'm wondering if adding switches will also make it easier to inadvertently leave the water pump on while towing. 2 switches to check instead of 1.

davebennington

Our coach has 4 pump switches and it is a PITA. you have to run around to find what switch is on so you can continue to travel. I am thinking about disabling 2 of them.

dave