No hot air

Our furnance in 2009 3055 bighorn decided to stop blowing hot air on a recent trip. I tried all that iI was equipped to do at the site ,and couldn't fix it. So,I called the local mobile repair guy. He pulled the cover and determined there was gas and heard the ignitor clicking. His diagnosis was based strictly on past expeirence with this model. "Burner's rusted out", similar to propane bbq burner's. He said it screws up the gas air mix and it won't light. Make's sense to me. But,I have been all over the internet and haven't found one mention of this "common" problem. He actually did me a favor by not digging into it and charging me hourly time and explained to me how to fix it since he would have to order the part and we'd be long gone by then. My question is, Has anyone ever heard of this "common" problem before i pull it out?

Flanman5

Last time I had that problem it was the regulator was not putting enough gas to the burner. It was explained to me that propane has a wax in it and my tank was excessive on the wax side of things and buggered the regulator. Changed the regulator and cleaned the rubber line and never had a problem again.

I have never heard of the burner burning out, sorry

danemayer

When the furnace starts up, there is a flame sensing circuit to sense the presence of the main burner flame. If proper flame sensing is not obtained, the furnace goes into a lockout condition and stops the flow of gas to the burner. The furnace blower continues to run, pushing cool air. To reset the lockout, you have to turn the thermostat to OFF, and then back to HEAT.

Suburban lists the possible causes of no heat as:

1. Thermostat off
2. Gas supply3. Electrical connections and power
4. Malfunctioning microswitch – blower speed, faulty switch, duct discharge area
5. Gas valve
6. Blower not operating
7. Short cycling
8. Defective relay
9. Ignition failures

I would think the most common problem is poor gas supply to the furnace. It's also common to have insect problems.

I know this an old post. But, thought it might help others before they tear into something like i did and pull the whole furnance on the advise of a mobile tech. All it was the regulator had gone bad.....even though he said it had gas...It didn't.......easiest thing to check first before you get to far into it.