gps on new vehicle

slojohn

Just my opinion. Don't buy a factory installed GPS. My unit in my 2006 Dodge is crap and updates cost $230. If you keep a vehicle a few years the technology has passed you buy. New GPS units with life time updates run in the area of $200, the GPS price on a new vehicle is $1000 plus and you are stuck with it as long as you have the vehicle. This is what I have learned, education is expensive.

Vtxkid

Thats exactly why I haven't purchased the OEM GPS Nav in my trucks... It is definitely expensive...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

ILH

I have the OEM gps in my GMC. While I love having it built-in with the volume and mute controls coordinated with my bluetooth and onstar, I also agree that it is VERY overpriced and has poor updates down the road (no pun intended).

caissiel

I bought a 6,2 2 din unit 5 years ago with 2 rear camaras and overhead monitor and seperate GPS box for $450. per my sign. My sons pioneer lasted 2 years.

Sent from my GT-S5660M using Tapatalk 2

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Yep...why would I spend $200 to upgrade my onboard GPS, when Google maps on my phone updates for free??

Rrloren

I have a Garmin 765, don't think they are available anymore, but I have it tied into the stereo system and it has bluetooth and an SD card that I have about 1000 of our favorite tunes on . It stops the music to give directions and receive calls , works great and I recently did a map update at Garmin for $50.
Couldn't find any of the new Garmin's with the SD card feature for music play thru car stereo.