W/D Combo Install

r4man2

Wife and I pick up a BH 3400RL Nov 1st. DW has decided that a Splendide MJ900 is what will make taking care of the dirty cloths less of a chore. Well the dealer gives me a price of $1600 installed. I searched the internet and found the comb of just under $900.

Is there really $700 to the install? When asked, I told them that I wanted the vented model so I guess at least a vent would have to be installed.

Also, it was my understanding that the vented dryer works faster and uses less energy/water. Does it make a difference?

Thanks

Rick and Lynn Foreman

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
We have the non vented model and the wife loves it. Not much to the install except for a couple of strong backs. I am sure there is more to the vented install because of the vent. I can't say how well the vented model works but I have also heard that vented is better. One thing I would look at is where the combois vented to. I have seen some with the vent on the door side of the camper which I think would be a bother if you were drying clothes and sitting outside. Now if the vent were on the off door side I think that would be better. Just my opinion.

jpmorgan37

We have the non-vented combo Splendide 6200, and it took about 30 minutes to install it, and that included removing and replacing the door and door jam. As far as the extra water it uses, it's not much because it's only to help condense the moisture during the drying cycle. It works well as long as you do small loads and are not in a hurry. The full cycle takes about three hours. Check this thread for more comments. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=2819&highlight=splendide