October Campout

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
A12 - Steve and AnaLyn
A11 - Bruce and Carol
A10 - Tim and Sharon

Here is an opportunity for one more campout before winter sets in! We are having a "Halloweenie Campout" at Pioneer Trails in Anacortes. No schedule, no agenda. Rain or shine! Need a weekend off?...Please join us!

OctCampout_zps552e00c5.jpg

Last edited:

SJH

Man I wish we cold go that far for a weekend! Kristy

Pioneer Trails is a great place but definitely not centrally located but that week is very hectic for me as my high school band is doing a special concert for The Wounded Warrior Project...I admit picking a location close to home! It is also the only weekend I have will all the football games and other school activities! Oh well! One day we shall be free! :)

Patriotic1A.jpg

Manzan

My Internet connections are a bit 'iffy' this week. We are in Ixtapa, Mexico but will join you at Pioneer Trails. Ready to go someplace where it is cool (cold) and not anywhere as humid as Ixtapa. No, we did not bring the trailer here but there is a trailer park close by. Learning lots, Spanish I took in Jr. High School is coming back if in a limited way. Also purchased an English/Spanish dictionary so I can look things up in our condo. The use was a gift from the arts organization I volunteer for. Donated by our president, purchased at auction by somebody else but they decided the could not use it. Turned back to ArtsWest last Monday, offered to us and decided Tuesday we could go and left for here Friday night. Good being retired! back late Saturday. All we had to pay was the airfare. This is not anything we would have done on our own but sure glad we came.

SJH

My Internet connections are a bit 'iffy' this week. We are in Ixtapa, Mexico but will join you at Pioneer Trails. Ready to go someplace where it is cool (cold) and not anywhere as humid as Ixtapa. No, we did not bring the trailer here but there is a trailer park close by.

Awesome, we are so glad you are having a good time! Humidity is tough for me so I can relate...I will, however,take it over the rain anytime! Happy you will be at Pioneer Tails! Seems like many members are "snowbirding" this year. I think we will be there Fri/Sat/Sun nights leaving on Monday!

Learning lots, Spanish I took in Jr. High School is coming back if in a limited way. Also purchased an English/Spanish dictionary so I can look things up in our condo. The use was a gift from the arts organization I volunteer for. Donated by our president, purchased at auction by somebody else but they decided the could not use it. Turned back to ArtsWest last Monday, offered to us and decided Tuesday we could go and left for here Friday night. Good being retired! back late Saturday. All we had to pay was the airfare. This is not anything we would have done on our own but sure glad we came.

Good for you! What a great opportunity! Have a safe trip home and see you in Anacortes!

SJH

Hello!

Bruce and Carol, Tim and Sharon...we just had a "situation" come up that will not allow us to camp this weekend (Oct 26-28) I am sorry about that but at this time there is nothing I can do. Please camp regardless if you wish just let me know so I can tell Barbie at Pioneer Trails if you are still wanting a site!

Best Wishes!

TXTiger

Sounds like lots of fun. I will be at the Southern California Chapter Rally that weekend having fun in the sun.

SJH

Sounds like lots of fun. I will be at the Southern California Chapter Rally that weekend having fun in the sun.

Have a great time! No doubt your weather will be much more cooperative! Looks like we have entered the "wet" season so we won't dry out until next July!

Have a safe trip!

Manzan

We will be there and hoping for a rain shadow but I think it may be a convergence zone. Good way to get the trailer washed.
Bruce

SJH

Not 100% but I do believe we have found a way to make it to Pioneer Trails for at least Friday and Saturday nights! All campers welcome...I know Bruce and Carol will keep a light on! (at least a scare light :))

Best Wishes!

PS I am putting on my Tux getting ready for our Wounded Warrior Benefit Concert...wish us luck! My band is ready and the kids are "pumped"

Patriotic1A.jpg

SJH

October 26th

Well, it is all about quality not quantity! :) The Herricks and the McLaughlins camped at Pioneer Trails this weekend for a very wet but nice lazy weekend. The only two Heartland rigs in the park of 150+ sites were surrounded by several 45ft diesel pushers and not many other campers. No doubt the weather kept many at home but those of us living in the Pacific Northwest understand if you don't camp in the rain you don't get to camp very often!

McLaughlin Camp.jpg

Herrick Camp.jpg

Bruce Carol AnaLyn.jpg

Pionner Trails 1.jpg

Manzan

Re: October 26th

And we are still at Pioneer Trails. Partly sunny today so did some sight seeing after Steve, AnaLyn and Prunella left. Weekenders all gone so campground almost empty. A number of permanent residents are here. The rain yesterday gave our automatic awning dumping a real workout! More rain tonight and a bit of wind on the way. And I echo Steve's comment about quality--could not be beat!

SJH

MODERATOR...would you be so kind and explain why this thread was merged to the original Campout thread? If I would have wanted there thats wher I would have put it. Did I brake a rule?

SJH

Re: October 26th

And we are still at Pioneer Trails. The rain yesterday gave our automatic awning dumping a real workout! More rain tonight and a bit of wind on the way.

We hope you two are staying dry...it rained harder last night and this morning than I have seen it rain in years...if the BC didn't leak with that downpour I don't think it will! Drive to work was navigating around all the large amounts of standing water...can't imagine what the "Sandy" people are going through! Anyway...have a safe trip back home to Seattle! Thanks for coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.