• http://willistoncrossingrv.com/
  • Pets ok?: Yes
  • Pet Fee: $$0
  • WiFi available: Yes
  • WiFi Fee: $$0

Details:
------------------------------
  • Number of sites held: 30
  • Site fee: $$25 Back In $30 Pull Thru per night.
  • Club Member Event fee: $0
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 3/22/2012
  • Potluck time: 6PM

• Event Leader: MICKEY(click to contact)

Additional Info:
Welcome folks to the Third Annual, Florida Chapter Rally for the Heartland Owners Club. This year we are going to use a new facility that should trip your trigger. This resort is the only 10-10-10 RV Resort in the state of Florida. This year's rally will be held at the beautiful Williston Crossing RV Resort in Williston Florida, just about 25 miles north of Ocala. Check out this address
http://willistoncrossingrv.com
We have been working hard finalizing the plans for this event, and are happy to bring them to you. We will start out Friday afternoon with a meet and greet, with refreshments available. Friday night will be a Pot Luck Dinner; our entertainment is Hank Matson; cowboy poet and Florida Historian. Saturday afternoon/evening we will have a PIG PICKIN barbeque with the fixings. Sunday morning we will have a breakfast/brunch get together, before everyone gets ready to leave.
Sunday evening will be the famous after rally - rally left over dinner for those of us still there. The official dates are March 22, 23, 24 check out by 11am on Monday 25th. Of course you may come early and leave late if you wish, just let the staff know, they will bill you accordingly.
This event will build on our history of fun events for the Florida Chapter of the Heartland Owners Club. We have changed locations due to pricing and looking for new adventures. We are thrilled with this new location; Williston Crossing, because of the facility and wonderful blending of nature and amenities. Williston Crossing is also located in the heart of HORSE country. Driving on US 27 you will see some of the most beautiful Horse Ranches/Training Facilities in the country. There are many horse events scheduled around this time period that you may be able to take advantage of, if you want a little Florida local flavor.
We would like to offer a special invitation to our part time Florida residents who may be thinking about going back home along this time, to make this a "MUST SEE" before leaving.
Come join us for the fun next March with the Florida Chapter of the Heartland Owners Club

CURRENT ATTENDIES LIST

1. Jim and Nancy Beletti............jbeletti...................site304........HOC# 1001
2. Ray and Lin LeTourneau.........Ray LeTourneau.......site 329.......HOC#1005
3. Walter and Linda West.........lindaw......................site306.......HOC#1924
4. Mickey and Bonnie Meredith....Mickey....................site324.......HOC#1249
5. Archie and Barbara Prince.......archbarb.................site308.......HOC#1782
6. Dick and Fran Bernard.............rodbuster...............site326.......HOC#2074
7. Bob and Sue Vaughn...............Bob Vaughn...........site310.......HOC#1829
8. Julie and George Lindsay..........the lindsays............site331......HOC#2284
9. Eric and Dorothy Van Opstal.......Flying Dutchman....site328......HOC#1202
10. John and Debbie Laliberte........jal555....................site507 ....HOC#125
11. Dave Yocum, Julie Hancock.....davebennington.....site330........HOC#1006
12. Terrry and June Rainwater.......mtpockets............site398........HOC#2042
13. Doug and Mary Sloan.............DougS...................site431......HOC#1676
14. Randy and Karen Crete..........floridarandy............site332.......HOC#1713
15. Hogan and Donna Cooper......hogan....................site251.......HOC#1649
16. Dick and Reta Hill................HillsonWheels...........site416.......HOIC#1068
17. Dave and Nicole Ward..........DaveandNicole..........site417......HOC#121
18. Paul and Sue Alfano............Alf..........................site302.......HOC#1560
19. Kim and Dottie Miranda........KIMDOT....................site441.....HOC#1977
20. Ed and Barbara Rauch..........brauch.....................site468......HOC#1709
21. Joe and Linda Shejbal...............8 paws.................site523.....HOC# 1812
22. Larry and Samantha Bandstra....Southernights.........site234....HOC#1226
23. Dave and Eileen Betton.........bdb2047....................site168....HOC# 1710
24. Dennis and Nancy Williams....MI Postmaster..........site482........HOC# 1828
25. John Gaffney.....................John Gaffney...............................HOC#1099
26. Randy and Santha Allen.......Randy......................site478 .......HOC#1112
27. Harry and Jessica Riker.......jjriker.......................site443.........HOC# 1934
28. Richard and Bonnie Waltman..rb2012.....................site253.......HOC# 2203
29. Tim and Jean Mai.................bimmy......................site461......HOC#
30. Jack and Judy Barnett...............JJnVa...................site254.....HOC#1689
31. Tommy and Linda Sexton.......ljsexton....................site258.....HOC#1435
32. Dan and Mary Andrews.......................................................HOC#1826
33. Steve and Patti Lester...........toccoatravelers........site242......HOC#2354
34. Keith and Carol Lindgren........klindgren...................site455.....HOC#1186
35. Dan and Karen Law.....dklaw.........................site 507............HOC#1633
36. Gary and Linda Powell...........garypowell............site 204.........HOC# 2374
37. Glen and Jackie McAlister......Glen-Jackie............site248........HOC#2375
38. Teavor and Eva Shattuck................................site252........HOC#103
39. Phil and Pam Lau.................philpam...................................HOC#1859
40. Dan and Joann Stubbins.......Diesel Danny............................HOC#1927
41. Robert and Bobbie Lariscey.....everglades.............................HOC#2219

POT LUCK DINNER

MEATS
Mickey...........Red Beans and Rice with Sausage
Jessica...........Chili
June..............Taco Salad
Mary S...........Pepper Steak
Linda W..........Lasagna with garlic bread
Paul and Sue...Italian Sausage and Peppers
Keith and Carol....Meatballs
Donna C..........Tex Mex Taco Stew
Steve and Patti...Southern Fried Popcorn Chicken
Santha.............BBQ Chicken Lasagna
Jackie..............Chicken Noodle Pesto
Richard and Bonnie...Cuban Chili
Karen and Don......Develed Eggs
Terry and Linda.....Shrimp and Sausage paella

VEGGIES
Bonnie.........Cole Slaw
Nancy B.......Corn Casserole
Sue V..........Potato Salad
Ray and Lin...Mac and Cheese
Joe and Linda....Green Salad w/goodies
Julie..............Florida Swamp(a Dip and Chip Delight)
Jack and Judy....Broccoli pasta salad
Steve and Patti...Georgia Tater Salad
Renae Shea.........Fruit Salad
Barb and Archie.....Broccoli and Cheese casserole
Karen and Randy.....Fresh Green Salad
Dorothy and Eric......Roasted Tomato and Zuccini
Treavor and Eva.......Fruit Salad
Patricia Sherman.......Ambrosia salad

DESSERTS
Bonnie..........Cherry Dump Cake
Nancy...........Cake Pops
Sue V............Pistachio-Pineapple Delight
Mary S...........Rolls
Dave and Eileen....Chocolate Cake
Dick and Fran.......Chocolate Peanut Dessert bars
Reta Hill...............Banana Pudding
Gary Powell..........Lemon frosted jello
Sam...................Chocolate Pies
Dottie and Kim......Pineapple Pie
Terry and Linda....Strawberry Shortcake
Patricia Sherman....Banana Nut Bread, Pumkin Bread

People who want a weight

Dick Bernard
Hogan Cooper
Dick Hill
Bob Vaughn
Joe Shejbal
Harry Riker
Terry Rainwater
Walter West
George Lindsay
Mike Shea
Richard Waltman
Steve Lester
Terry Sexton

AGENDA
FOR 3[SUP]RD[/SUP] ANNUAL
HEARTLAND OWNERS CLUB RALLY
Friday 1 pm Check In
1pm till 5 pm Friendships renewal, Lying contest, Scored Parking Competition
Location throughout the Resort
5 pm Best Pot Luck Dinner Ever
Location – Activities Center across from Office
6pm Cowboy Poet Laureate Hank Mattson

Saturday 10am Modification Show and Tell members tell and show their modifications big and small. Starts at Pavilion
12 noon Girls Luncheon Finger Foods, location in Resort TBA
1 pm Lippert presentation at Pavilion
2 pm Weigh-It presentation at Pavilion
2 pm Nancy Beletti Cosmetics Presentation location with Girls Luncheon
5 pm Catered BBQ Dinner at Pavilion

Sunday 8 am Continental Breakfast and Big Tale Time Location Activities Center
Farewell to friends
Sunday checkout 11 am check with office for late check out

Last edited:

Rodbuster

Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: FL, Williston -3/22/2013 to 3/24/2013

I was talking with Mickey about 3 weeks ago and he told me about this campground. My wife and I had a little free time (very rare) so we took a day trip over to the Ocala area to check it out.

It is everything that Mickey has said. This place is going to be the "showplace" of Florida.
Try to make this rally....it should really be a great time.

Dick

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Sign us up! I'll call for reservations tomorrow. Should I mention Heartland or Mickey Merideth? We spent a month in the Ocala area last winter. Very nice area, a lot like Wisconsin.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Reservations have been made. Arriving Thursday 3/21 and leaving Monday. Site 329. Rally On!!! From Williston to Hilton Head.

Last edited:

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
Ray and Eric;

Yes I made a small error on dates. Looks like Friday is the 22nd of March. Please adjust your schedule and I'll get Webmaster to make correction on Events Page. Planning in advance requires thinking in advance:)

Mickey

floridarandy

Mickey - as you may recall this is one of our "finds" of 2011. On our way back from Unicoi State Park, Georgia, last November we stopped in this park for a few days since it was close to our kids at the University of Florida in Gainesville. What a find. This park is a treasure with first class facilities and a really unique site with nice hiking. And, its located right near "downtown" Williston with eclectic shops and a great restaurant. Plan now to visit Ivy House Restaurant. Good reviews HERE and HERE.

And, you're just 22 miles from Gainesville, home of the UF Gators!

And, just 6 miles north of Williston you can also visit Two Tails Ranch, an education look at elephants past, present and future, "All About Elephants, Inc.. LOOK HERE

Also lots of small towns within a hours drive with LOTS of antiques.

Thanks Mickey, for sharing some of Florida's best! Boy how the folks will be surprised...and you thought Lazy Days was fun!

Randy and Karen

jimtoo

Ray and Eric;

Yes I made a small error on dates. Looks like Friday is the 22nd of March. Please adjust your schedule and I'll get Webmaster to make correction on Events Page. Planning in advance requires thinking in advance:)

Mickey

Changes made,,, bill is in the mail. Talk about service!!!
Jim M

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
The Mississippi Cooper's will be there. We can't miss a Florida Chapter Rally...Too much fun. And we get to see all the nice people that Rally....Florida style.

Hogan and Donna

MICKEY

Jimtoo;

Thanks for the help...the check is in the mail as well. Hey do you ever get out of Texas? I know it's a great big state, but if you get a hankerin' to see the other side of the planet, come see us in Florida. Since I don't know exactly where in TX you live, I'm not going to gig you too much about having green things around, cause there are some really pretty places in TX. Trees, vines, palmetto bushes, saw grass, alligators, all green. Come see for yourself! By the way; I do like the DOO-RAG:)

MICKEY

Florida Randy;

Thanks for the thumbs up on this place. I've sort of left things open for Saturday because of the great "Florida Culture", The Resort should have the second phase open when we get there; 309 new spots with some really big beautiful trees and great paved roads. Can't wait. Hope you and Karen can make it. PS. When we were there on Labor Day weekend the place was packed with RVers who were also tailgating at the game. I asked them what game, and got some really funny looks. An awfull lot of blue and orange.....wonder what team they liked?

MICKEY

Hogan;
Thanks for signing up. We are really proud of this place. I think you'll love it.

GETnBYE

This one looks great! Have calendar out and hoping work schedule will work out for us to make this one.
Wayne can't put down vacations until after first of the year, so hoping there will be some sites left over for us to book one.
Looks like one we won't want to miss.

MICKEY

Nita and Wayne;
I really hope you guys can make this one; we'll keep a light on for you:) I know how demanding those pesky jobs can be. Thank you guys for thinking about us. Do you like BBQ????

MICKEY

Boys and Girls;

I just finsihed booking Hank Mattison...renoned cowboy poet, historian, and all around good guy to perform for us Friday night 3-22-2013. Check out his web page at Cracker Cowboy Poet He has performed at various cowboy poet gatherings across the US and is also a Florida Lifestyle Historian. You don't want to miss this opportunity to see him. Admission free, with an adult beverage for me:)

jbeletti

The Belettis are coming! It was too late to make a reservation today so we left a message. We plan to arrive mid-afternoon, Tuesday the 19th for 6 nights and leave Monday morning the 25th. Looking forward to spending some time in Florida in March!

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
Now your talking, we needed a change of venue. The West's are going to make reservations

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
Mickey & Bonnie
The West have a reservation for 3/21 thru 3/25 in site 306

MICKEY

Linda and Walter;
Thanks for joining us. We know you'll enjoy this one. Looking forward to seeing you there.

MICKEY

Jim;
Thanks for joining us. Looks like you will have time to enjoy some of the hospitality of Florida. I know Nancy doesn't want to see any more camels....but how about Elephants. There is an Elephant ranch nearby. Is that going to be a solo trip?

Status
Not open for further replies.