Prewire schematic for the Winegard Traveler.

Jwbaum

I understand the 2012 Big Horn is rewired for the Winegard Traveler Satellite system. I see there's a connector for the power unit in the bedroom closet but not sure where is goes. Also do new coax cables have to be run? Is there detailed info on the prewire or a schematic showing what was done?

Jeff

danemayer

Hi Jeff,

COAX diagrams are in the TOOLS/HEARTLAND OWNERS MANUALS section accessed from the tab near top of screen. Here's a link to the 2012 Bighorn diagram showing the control wiring and coax for 2 LNBs. Notice that in the UDC, the diagram shows RG-6 jumpers (not included) that connect the output of the pre-wired coax from the roof to the interior wiring. If not using the rooftop dish, an external dish can be connected in the UDC (without using the jumpers).

You'll need to get the jumpers. Everything else should be there.

jbeletti

Jeff,

I believe the control cable is coiled up in the roof above one of the ceiling speakers in the bedroom. Carefully remove the speaker grill, then the speaker that is rear-most in the coach bedroom. Above that, I believe you will find 2 coax cables and the control cable.

Of course, the control cable goes to where you found the other end. The 2 coax cables terminate on a wall plate in the UDC.

The premise on stubbing the control cable above that speaker is that you are installing the Winegard Trav'ler (automatic self-pointing dish) on the roof - as-designed). So you would drill a hole above that speaker, run those wires out the hole, seal the hole and run the wires to the dish.

Let us know what you find.

Jwbaum

Hi Jeff,

COAX diagrams are in the TOOLS/HEARTLAND OWNERS MANUALS section accessed from the tab near top of screen. Here's a link to the 2012 Bighorn diagram showing the control wiring and coax for 2 LNBs. Notice that in the UDC, the diagram shows RG-6 jumpers (not included) that connect the output of the pre-wired coax from the roof to the interior wiring. If not using the rooftop dish, an external dish can be connected in the UDC (without using the jumpers).

You'll need to get the jumpers. Everything else should be there.

This is exactly what I needed. Thanks for the help.

Jeff

Jwbaum

Hi Jim
Thanks for the help. The control cable is under the front speaker and the coax is under the rear speaker in the bedroom. Dont know why they didnt put both in the same place but they are there, making the install a lot easier.

Jeff:eek: