Introduction - new Colorado Chapter Leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
Congratulations and thank you, Monica and Don Ashby (monica-don) for becoming the new Chapter Leaders for the Colorado Chapter of the Heartland Owners Club.

Monica and Don are taking over from Bob and Marion Wengler, who will soon call Arizona their home. Thank you, Bob and Marion, for all you have done for the Heartland Owners Club as founding Colorado Chapter Leaders.

The boundaries of this chapter are the state of Colorado in the Mountain Region.

Everyone, please join me in welcoming, your new Colorado Chapter Leaders, Monica and Don!

Julie Hancock
Club Manager, Heartland Owners Club

Last edited:

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Bob, thanks for all you and Marion did in Colorado. Monica and Don, thank you for stepping up to take over Colorado, and I know you'll have fun and be great leaders.

jbeletti

Thank you Bob and Marion for founding the CO chapter and putting on as many rallies as you did. Great work!

Congratulations Monica and Don! Welcome to Chapter Leadership and thank you for taking the Colorado chapter into it's "next chapter".

Jim Beletti
President, Heartland Owners Club

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations to Monica & Don for stepping up and taking the reins from Bob & Marion.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Congratulations to both couples. We look forward to attending rallies in both states at some point.
Kristy

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
Congrad Monica and Don looking forward to attending a rally in your State. Rick and Blanca Mich chapter founding leader and now New Mexico chapter founding leader

mnkamper

Founding MN Chapter Leader-retired
Congrats Monica and Don!
Have fun and we hope to make it to a Colorado rally some day!

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Thank you all for the "cheers!" and welcome.
I have a feeling we will be going through a bit of a "trial & error" period...hopefully it will be short and painless!!
A number of people have stepped up to help us out when necessary...including Bob & Marion Wengler, the former Chapter Leaders. We wish them well.
Hope to meet all of you,
Monica & Don

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
So what happens at the rally's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of fun!

We've got a campout at Cherry Creek State Park in May . . .

Even if you can't spend the weekend . . . stop by and hang out for the afternoon or evening!

8amps

Oh my, the title of this thread gave me a heart attack! Now, I see it was introducing Don and Monica in 2012.

Ok, what happens at a Rally? Well, we've been to several now and have enjoyed them all. Our first one, which was less than a year ago, was the Campout at Cherry Creek (this year's is coming up soon). We knew absolutely nothing about camping, RVing, towing, virtually anything about this lifestyle that we've since embraced wholeheartedly. We didn't know anyone yet the whole group welcomed us and literally showed us the ropes, how to set up, etc. I don't know how we could have set off as full-timers less than 6 months later if not for the Colorado chapter. Now, if you're not so green as us (!) then it is a great time with friendly people. Depending on where the rally is, there are things to do "off site" - last year we carpooled down to the winery and Royal Gorge when we stayed at Mountaindale. Lots of potlucks and happy hours and just good times hanging out with new and old friends. Highly recommend!

Monica and Don put on a great rally, well organized, great prizes, but not too overscheduled. They are great friends to camp with, and both have a wealth of knowledge! We won't be around much this year, but we are so happy to be part of the Colorado Chapter.

Mary

Last edited:

Codive

Thanks. I don't have a trailer yet. But I've thought about going and checking out the events. I'd like to use the trailer as much as possible when we get it

JohnD

Thanks. I don't have a trailer yet. But I've thought about going and checking out the events. I'd like to use the trailer as much as possible when we get it

Here is the link to the topic about the Cherry Creek camp out in May . . .

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...ers-Camp-Out-CO-Aurora-5-15-2015-to-5-17-2015

Saturday afternoon and evening would probably be a good day to stop by, although Friday evening would probably be good too!

I work nearby and last year I stopped by on the Saturday evening on my way home from work and hung out with the Colorado Heartland crowd and sat around the campfire and had a blast!

I hadn't yet been to a Rally yet . . . but have been to three since then!

Two in Colorado and one in Arizona!

And two more planned, not counting the Cherry Creek camp out!

What trailer are you thinking about getting?

Codive

Looking at the CY4200, with the RW420 in a close 2nd. Looking to have the room to take my Harley around and use the trailer as home base. Yet also enough room to have the kids with us

JohnD

Looking at the CY4200, with the RW420 in a close 2nd. Looking to have the room to take my Harley around and use the trailer as home base. Yet also enough room to have the kids with us

Looks like you are going for a 5th-wheeler . . .

If you come to the Cherry Creek event, I'm sure you'll get a lot of insight into what you are looking for from the chapter members!

We have a bumper pull trailer . . . probably won't go to the 5th-wheel until it is time for us to hit the road for good (ie.- retirement, which is at least 10 years out).

Status
Not open for further replies.