Botanical Rodent Repellent

soilmovers

Saw this at John Deere and bought a box to try in our cab tractors. Has anyone tried this in the RV?

Fresh Cab (www.earth-kind.com) Four pouches per box, lasts about 4 weeks. $13

Smells good as it contains Balsam Fir Oil. The scent is suppose to repel rodents even though it smells good to humans.

Yay or nay?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
It sounds pretty interesting. For us, it would be nice to find something that would last longer. We left our rig in FL this summer. The only thing I could think of doing was to seal off anything that looked like an entry point for a mouse. I'll know in a couple of weeks if I was successful.:cool:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It sounds pretty interesting. For us, it would be nice to find something that would last longer. We left our rig in FL this summer. The only thing I could think of doing was to seal off anything that looked like an entry point for a mouse. I'll know in a couple of weeks if I was successful.:cool:

Ray, have you considered trying the Mouse-Free product? I applied it earlier this season and haven't seen Mouse 1. Application is advertised to be effective for a year.

Ray LeTourneau

Ray, have you considered trying the Mouse-Free product? I applied it earlier this season and haven't seen Mouse 1. Application is advertised to be effective for a year.

John, I've seen the post and it is an interesting product. It's something I might consider later this winter while in FL. How long did it take you to apply?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
John, I've seen the post and it is an interesting product. It's something I might consider later this winter while in FL. How long did it take you to apply?

It took maybe 90 minutes to spray the entire rig. That included reloading the sprayer, moving the compressor (air line is only 15ft. long) and breaks to straighten my knees out :(. I did it with the slides out, so I had to crawl under them to get at the frame. I had my tire covers on, so there was no chance of spraying it on the tires/brakes. Unlike paint, there isn't a lot of overspray to the material, either.

Ray LeTourneau

It took maybe 90 minutes to spray the entire rig. That included reloading the sprayer, moving the compressor (air line is only 15ft. long) and breaks to straighten my knees out :(. I did it with the slides out, so I had to crawl under them to get at the frame. I had my tire covers on, so there was no chance of spraying it on the tires/brakes. Unlike paint, there isn't a lot of overspray to the material, either.
Thanks John, I think I'll look into it.