Fridge water shut off and low point drains

yycmike

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]BC3596RE
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]VIN: 5SFBG4122DE255475

I have two questions for the factory or someone else who may know regarding winterizing.

1) Are there any low point drains that should be opened? I could not find any

2) I cannot find the shutoff valve for the refrigerator ice maker that is supposed to be in the coach somewhere.

Thanks

Mike

danemayer

Hi Mike,

The cutoff for the icemaker is behind the UDC. You'll have to remove the basement wall in the storage area to get to it. Fortunately, you need only take down the part of the wall close to the UDC. There are probably 3 screws removed from the UDC and another 3 along the left vertical edge. Once the wall is down, look for the 1/4" clear tubing. The cutoff valve joins that tubing to the pex.

You'll need to evacuate the water from the tube as well as from the valve and water line in the frig. The refrigerator manual has the procedure.

Your coach probably doesn't have any low point drains. There should be a drain for the fresh tank located near the axles. There may also be a hose hanging down that doesn't have a valve - that would be overflow for the washer.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
First let me say that I am not from the factory. But I can offer some insight.
Low point drains are no longer used.
The shut off for the refer could be in a number of places. Those would be looked for, behind the wall in the basement, under the fridge or under the sink.
Your dealer should have had that information for you.
Please let us know where you found the valve.

Peace
Dave