Dodge 6.7 2007

Pulltab

I have one and love it. The turbo/exhaust brake along with the 6 speed auto transmission is awesome! We bought the quad cab 4x4 Big horn edition obviously :). Tows beautifully. Heading to North Carolina and Gettysburg this coming weekend. Will see how it does in some big hills. Milage for me so far has been about 13-14 driving and 9 towing. I expect it will get better as it breaks in but I am pretty happy with that as is. Anything better is pure gravy!

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Pulltab
Thanks for the feedback. I have just about ran out of mods and changes to my 5.9 cummins. It maybe time to trade up and have more fun!

Pulltab

We had a 5.9 in 2005, the 6.7 far outperforms the one we had. We had no mods on it though. If you like the sound of a diesel engine you will be disappointed as these are almost as quiet as a gas motor.

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Pulltab
Yeah, the new 6.7 has a total of five injection pulses per power stroke. The 5.9 HO only had a total of three. This along with a stronger block make the old diesel rattle thing of the past. Smooth and quiet! How is the DPF working out? Have you needed to take it back to the dealer for a cleaning/replacement? Have you had many Regen cycles?

Pulltab

I don't have a clue when it has regenerated. I do enough highway speed driving I think it has not been an issue. I have about 2200 miles on it now. I see where guys are having all kinds of problems but I don't know if it is their driving habits or just bad luck. The overhead only warns you when it is near full I guess. It has never chimed on me.

nhunter

Most of the people I have talked to with the 6.7 and the Ford 6.4 claim to get 13-14mpg and that unfortunately sounds like thats all they will get. Half the emissions / twice the fuel. Go figure

Jimmyt5

I have a new 6.7 that has about 800 miles on it and right now the overhead say 15.6 mpg mixed driving. I have reset it three times and it go's back to 14 -15.
Traded a 2003 5.9 for this. I really like to drive this truck. The 6 speed transmission and exhaust brake are great..Never have seen any sign of regeneration. I have a stainless exhaust tip on it and it seems to have a heat color to it, maybe from regen..

Pulltab

Jimmyt5 said:
I have a new 6.7 that has about 800 miles on it and right now the overhead say 15.6 mpg mixed driving. I have reset it three times and it go's back to 14 -15.
Traded a 2003 5.9 for this. I really like to drive this truck. The 6 speed transmission and exhaust brake are great..Never have seen any sign of regeneration. I have a stainless exhaust tip on it and it seems to have a heat color to it, maybe from regen..

Jimmy, unfortunately the overhead almost always lies :) when you do a manual calculation you will see. It is usually off by 1-3 mpg or at least mine is and was in my 05 ram also. All the guys at the diesel forum complain about how inaccurate it is. But hey, it's something to look at! :)

Jimmyt5

Pulltab said:
Jimmy, unfortunately the overhead almost always lies :) when you do a manual calculation you will see. It is usually off by 1-3 mpg or at least mine is and was in my 05 ram also. All the guys at the diesel forum complain about how inaccurate it is. But hey, it's something to look at! :)

I have been trying to fool myself, I know you are right by the number of times I have reached for my credit card......LOL:D

osims

bsims
We bought the 6.7 in late april , it was the first one at the dealership. I love this truck, have 12500 miles and no problems, the fuel milage has gotten much better after 10000 miles. We pulled the Bighorn to Montana with it and was a dream in the mountains. I use the truck everyday to pull tractors and cattle trailers, you could not pry it away from me. This is my fourth Dodge diesel truck and they just keep getting better.

lavadg

Well, we have a 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW 6.7- 4.10 axle and it went to service four times…it’s in service now as I write this. Only two months old. Haven’t pulled our 2008 cyclone because the truck keeps going into service. Has an emission problem (check engine light come on) that they can’t fix….I also know many people with the same problem. I’m about to claim “Lemon Law” on this truck. Also had an ABS problem. What a major disappointment. Nothing like spending 50K and having it in the shop 50% of the time. I don’t think we would buy a dodge again…..well, not with the 6.7 engine.

vtwin

Got my 6.7 six months ago, but before i tell you how good it is it is important that you know i am an old motor head from way back. the new 6.7 with the 6speed is the best power arraingment ever build in a small truck.

it pulls my 3055 like its not there. just last week i traveled out to west texas on a very long and empty road and allowed the mph to increase to 90. that long stroke is just what the doctor ordered. oh yes, that 90 mph was with trailer.