Porch Light

Tumblebug

Why is the porch light behind the front door? ?. Whenyou open the door it blocks the light. I have A Widerness 1950 RB.

That's a good question for the designers and a major oversight on thier part. I'm betting that the switch is directly below the light on the inside wall for easy wiring. I'll bet the dealer can add a light on the other side. Some folks can tackle a job like that themselves. I've added lights on units I've had, near the hitch and on the side where you can reach the switch from outside. I've had 3 new units in the last 12 years, and continue to marvel at the oversights, and poor logic The hot water tank in my Sundance 32FK has about 35 feet of tubing to the kitchen sink, amazing design oversight and waste of water to get some hot. You will find other issues that will tell you the designers either don't go camping or are cutting every penny and hope you won't notice until after the sale. Sometimes very obvious issues like yours. Water valves, pump location, and waste tank valve locations are a sore point on many units. You will learn more with each unit. Next purchase, try to find someone with the unit you want and ask what they would like to see improved. The nice things are obvious. Some things you can fix or adjust yourself. All part of making it yours. Have fun!

olcoon

Derril,
If you put up a new one, check out the Smart Light 1000, it's a motion activated. I've seen a few threads on here about it, and finally broke down when we were in Gillette & bought one. I installed it before we went up the mountain, and we really like it. We can turn it on (or just leave it on all the time), and when we leave during the day & come back after dark when we get close to the 5er the light comes on.

Tumblebug

I will look into the Smart Light. I was thinking solar of some sort to avoid the wiring. Just finished redirecting the cable for the satallite dish. Got it going.