Drawers

ltheis

I have a problem with the drawers in our new Bighorn Silerado 36TB, the bottom "floor" of the drawers keep falling out. The dealer had supposedly fixed them but it has happened again and again so I decided to fix them myself. I reinforced the bottom of the drawers gluing and brad nailing multiple strips of 3/8" square dowel all the way across the underside of the drawers floor and this has fixed the bottom falling out problem. However the dowels slightly rub the catches that keep the drawer closed when on the road so now I am looking for a solution to keep the drawers closed when on the road. I am thingking of using some rare earth magnets recessed into the face of the drawers and cabinet fronts. Has anyone else had a problem with their drawers and if so what was your solution?

jimtoo

I have not heard of many problems with the drawers. Could you notch out a little on the dowels to give clearance? I'm sure those magnets would work good also, some might even be to strong.

We are having a small rally next week in Boerne, come on over and join us.

Jim M

GOTTOYS

I had the same problem with the big drawer under the ref. I took the sides and back off and made new ones out of 1/2" plywood. I then cut the rabbits for the drawer bottom to accept a piece of 1/4" plywood. Put it all back together with glue and my air stapler. No more problems..Don

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We had a problem with the rough roads that broke out the bottom of one of the large drawers. We repaired this problem and I've got wood glue and some clamps, so when we get to Boerne, we can work on it if you like.

ltheis

Thanks for the relpys ,We will be at the Rally and look forward to meeting everyone. So far the magnets are ok for the smaller drawers but a no-go on the large drawers, I think i'm just going to re-build the large drawers with better material and brad nails/glue instead of the staples only that the factory used. On another note I noticed a leak last weekend in the basement behind the stairs. Pulled the basement walls off then hooked up to the water here at the house, then looked to find the leak. I ran everything sinks, toilets, shower, water heater and even the A/C's but cannot duplicate the leak, so hopefully I can get some input on that at the rally as well.