Alum Wheels on 2900MK

brunomisty

Sundance Owner
We have Alum wheels 5 spoke on are 2008 Sundance 2900mk Does anyone know what is the max psi the wheels can handle. The tire on it now are at 65 psi and want to upgrade them to a higher psi tire if the wheel can handle it.

Thanks

My 08 2900MK has the 6000 lb axle option with 16 inch 8 lug aluminum wheels. The wheels ("inside" side) are marked max load 3250 80psi. Crawl under your trailer and take a look, you may find your rating.

- Jack

jimtoo

Hi brunomisty, If you will look on the inside or backside of the rim you should see stamped or cast into the rim the maximum pressure and load the rim is good for. You should be able to see it just by crawling under the trailer with a flashlight.

BJ'sDad

If I'm not mistaken the 5 spoke are the 15 inch rims, the 16 inch rims with the 6K option are a 10 hole aren't they?

I've got the 5 spoke 15's on mine, but since it finally decided to rain, I haven't gone out to crawl in the mud to see what they are rated at.

I was thinking about having the dealer upgrade the 3012RE I got, but I really like the looks of the 5 spoke wheels as they are different than you normally see on other brands of 5'ers, so for now I'm staying with the 15's until I can't get any "decent" tires in 15 inch.

Aluminim wheels

I just upgraded my tires to Maxxis 15's E 10 plys. I bought them from Americas tire ( Discount ). There's no problem up to 75 psi.

BJ'sDad

I crawled under mine today just to check the "Chinese made Goodyears" and I can't see enough of the rating to tell.
The easiest way to do it is to jack it up and pull a wheel. The info you are looking for is on one of the spokes and it is close to the wheel center, which puts it behind the brake drum. You might get it with a flashlight and a mirror, but even that will be iffy since the brake drum fills the inside of the wheel.

brunomisty

Sundance Owner
Pulled the tires off today to see what the rims can handle. 2600 lbs max so it looks like I have to stay with a 8 ply tire on the rims .