Question about height

CeeCee

I was just wondering how accurate is the height listed in the brochures? My 5th wheel says 12' 9" does that include the air conditioner? I'm thinking it does but just want to make sure. Thanks

danemayer

Hi CeeCee,

The brochure should be close, but consider that you may not have the rig perfectly level when towing. Ours is tallest at the front A/C unit and the unit tows very slightly nose high (< 1").

The best way to be sure is to get on the roof with a measuring tape while sitting on level ground, hooked up to the tow vehicle. If you put a board across the A/C unit, with some help on the ground, you can get an accurate measurement as you'll actually be towing.

Our Landmark is spec'd at 12'11" but I measure it at 13'1". I then set the GPS for 13'3" to allow for resurfaced pavement at low overheads. There's one in Dalhart, TX that's 13'7" and even though I know I've got 6 inches to spare, every time I go through there I wonder how they do the resurfacing.

MTPockets

I'm sure that is accurate..... I measured mine to be certrain regarding bridge clearances, and it was correct...... You should do the same to set your mind at ease.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Dan, we're in Dalhart tonight and just came under that low bridge. Nothing fell off and no crunches, so it's all good!

danemayer

Well Jay, if anything was scraped off the top, I suppose it would have been the ice and snow leftover from Creede.

See you in a couple of days in Boerne.