Stove/Sink splash guards

kmbusa

What's everybody using for splash guards on the walls around the stove and kitchen sinks? Thin clear/frosted plexiglass? If so, how did you mount it? Thanks in advance...:)

Jimmyt5

Thats what I am using. I put some small Velcro circles on it in all the right spots... Seems to be working fine...

jbeletti

UPDATED with product link

Can't remember which building materials store it was but I've seen copper and stainless looking back splash tiles that come in panels maybe 3' x 4'. You trim them as needed and adhesive them onto the wall.

A guy on RV.net who had a 5er made to his specs by Space Craft Mfg. added these to his new 5er kitchen in a copper color. Look really nice. So long as they can take the heat, it's a great idea for a trailer due their light weight, ease of cleaning and ease of applications.

I am thinking about this for the next trailer.

Jim

UPDATE:

I was in Menards today and saw the backsplash material I alluded to above. The brand Menards carries is ACP. The material is referred to as thermoplastic. Here's a link to the product. Not sure what the surface temperatures reach on the back surrounding the stove when it's in use, but the max recommended temperature of this material is 140 degrees F.

From the Mfr's FAQs:
Can I put up backsplash panels behind my stove?
Even though the backsplash panels are fire retardant, they can be deformed by excessive heat. The panels can be installed on the wall above the stove, but not behind the stove. Be sure to keep toaster ovens, cooking ranges, etc. 2-3 inches away from the panel's surface.

800.jpg

Last edited:

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
So far, my solution has been to go to the dollar store and buy the disposable baking sheets. I prop a sheet up while I cook and throw it away when it is too dirty to feel like washing it. It isn't an elegant solution, but it's cheap and it has worked so far.
Kristy

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
We haven't seen the need for a backsplash so far in our Landmark, but in our last trailer we had a peice of Lexan cut to fit and the glass company also furnished us with decorative mounting washers (rosette style) and screws. Worked great.

madigand

We are deciding if we can get the same material as the counter top and make a sink back splash. With the sink in the island, if you re not real careful rinsing you get some splashing on the carpet. Still tinkering with this idea

ct0218

Not a bad idea, Heartland's fabricator could probably make it for you. The only obstacle might be attaching it to the top. If your top is Corian a pin system (pin extending from the bottom of the backsplash into a hole in the countertop) is about the only way I can think of that would work. A little too much pressure on it though can cause the backsplash to crack at the pins. Good Luck.

SmokeyBare

Used two thin plastic cutting surfaces... bought at a dollar store.

Double sided Tape has held them to the wall panel.

Easy to wipe clean and the splatter doesn't seem to stick too bad.