OMG Look at this - Towmax Tire Failure

Bob Vaughn

OMG I knew this day would come and I have been dreading it.....I am thankful that my Big Country was sitting in my RV Port when this happened. I am disappointed that we have owned the 5th wheel for 18 months with 12 months of that being in storage due to a medical issue. What disappoints me is the fact that we have made 2 long trips and 2 short trips with our 5th wheel. I would have thought that Heartland would have put a better quality tire on their units. I am attaching 2 photos. I just went out to replace a battery in one of my tire pressure monitors. I about had a heart attack just thinking about what would have happened had I pulled out of my yard and this had not reared its ugly head yet.....I am now thinking about replacing all 5 of the tires with a LT tire now to figure out which one.

IMG_4008.jpgIMG_6806.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
OMG Look at this - Towmax Tire Fail

Wow, sitting still??? That's amazing. These really are not good tires....

Check the weight/psi of your rims. They look similar to ours which were 80psi max. If that's the case, I recommend the Maxxis 8008. We have 12k on them this year and still look great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Vaughn

Re: OMG Look at this - Towmax Tire Fail

I just bought Maxxi tires for the camper I traded in to get the Big Country........I am hearing a lot about putting Light Truck tires on rv's. I have had excellent results with Michelin tires on my truck and cars....
Another consideration is how accessible it is to get the 5th wheel into and out of the dealer.

GOTTOYS

OMG I knew this day would come and I have been dreading it.....I am thankful that my Big Country was sitting in my RV Port when this happened. I am disappointed that we have owned the 5th wheel for 18 months with 12 months of that being in storage due to a medical issue. What disappoints me is the fact that we have made 2 long trips and 2 short trips with our 5th wheel. I would have thought that Heartland would have put a better quality tire on their units. I am attaching 2 photos. I just went out to replace a battery in one of my tire pressure monitors. I about had a heart attack just thinking about what would have happened had I pulled out of my yard and this had not reared its ugly head yet.....I am now thinking about replacing all 5 of the tires with a LT tire now to figure out which one.

View attachment 21446View attachment 21447
Any 235/85/16 Load range E, LT tire will fit and work just fine. Just go find the best deal and go with a major brand tire. I put 13,000 on a set of B.F.Goodrich TAs with no problems. They were then recalled and I got a set of Michelin XPS Ribs at no charge. Never read about anybody have a problem with the TAs yet they were recalled..and Tow Max tires are blowing up while parked on your driveway..no recall on them. Our 3250s have only around 9,000# combined axle weight when fully loaded. A load range E tire will be just fine. Plus the LTs are not limited to speeds under 65mph if you need to step it up a little..Just go get a set you won't regret it..Don

GOTTOYS

I just bought Maxxi tires for the camper I traded in to get the Big Country........I am hearing a lot about putting Light Truck tires on rv's. I have had excellent results with Michelin tires on my truck and cars....
Another consideration is how accessible it is to get the 5th wheel into and out of the dealer.
Discount Tire took care of mine, just call the store and see if they can handle it..Don

scottyb

Discount Tire took care of mine, just call the store and see if they can handle it..Don

+1 on Discount Tire. When I changed my new Towmax's for my Michellins, they let me pull in front of the last two bays. They put 4 guys on it and I was back at the house in less than and hour.

Bob Vaughn

I got 4 Maxxi's for my last rv from them and they shipped them UPS to the house and I took the Marathons off and took them to the tire place close to me to mount them.....

Tool958

That must been how the tire on ours looked before it blew on the inside sidewall. As much problems and damage that these tires have caused, I can't believe they haven't been recalled. If they were on a vehicle, they would have been recalled a long time ago.

Bob Vaughn

Man I want to pop that.
It grew bigger today....I am afraid it is going to pop.....Tredit Tire is coming tomorrow to swap it out.....Tim Ball is taking care of me....They are great to deal with.....As luck would have it they are about 10 miles from me....

Bob Vaughn

I want to thank Tim Ball from Tredit tire for contacting Bob Fox at the Plant City branch and taking excellent care of my tire problem. I now feel they went above and beyond what normal customer service would dictate......I will never be able to thank them enough or sing their praises enough.....