Well we finally did it....

SCPOBob

After talking about it for close to a year, looking for almost that long...we finally pulled the trigger on 2012 CY300C from a local dealer. Great looking unit inside and out....now to get the truck ready to haul a 5'er and see if we can sneak a trip in before the weather really turns nasty.

One question though - on the door sticker and the side sticker for weights and measures it indicates only a 14,000lb GVWR, which is it 14K or 16K and if it's 16K should I worry about getting this fixed (and if so...how does one go about doing such)?

Thanks to everyone in both the RW and CY forums for thoughts, comments, thoughts etc...it really helped us to make our decision and we look forward to joining the Heartland family.

jimtoo

Welcome to the family SCPOBob, \

I would get VIN and call factory to check for sure, but spec page list GVWR for the CY 300C at 16,000#. They may need to issue new stickers. Also check the hitch area for VIN to make sure it matches stickers.

Jim M

SCPOBob

Thanks Jim....I did compare the yellow sticker and the VIN tag, they are the same. After looking at the liquid storage and totalling them up....the trailer wouldn't be able (legally) be on the road...with no other cargo. Hence I figured its a mistake.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Congratulations on your new 300c.
I hope your first trip is to a tire dealer to replace the oem tires. (unless you upgraded to GY614's).

caissiel

On ours the tags are wrong and even the axles are not the same as on the label. I just left it that way, I am registered as RV only in my province, besides we never will have the 3000 lbs in the unit.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
and we look forward to joining the Heartland family.

Hello! Congratulations on the new rig and welcome to the Heartland family! I see you are from WA state. Please consider this a personal invitation to join the Heartland Owners Club and our WA Chapter. Lots of fun times and fun people. HERE are some photos from our 2011 Rally and HERE is 2012. We are having a campout October 26...easy shake down cruise!

Best Wishes!

rene_terry

Congratulations on joining the great adventure. After 3 years of researching, we finally settled on a 2011 Cyclone 3950 in August. Spent our first month on the road and loved every minute. I still can't stop smiling. Hope to see you on the open road.