Vacation Time Again

Cooper

Sept. 1 through 14, headed to Waynesville NC from Dallas with stop's in Memphis and Nashville. We will see how the GoodYears G614 hold up.
I will be staying at the Creekwood RV park in Maggie Valley NC. If your in the area please stop by or come by the Chocolate Bear in Waynesville and say hello.
2006 Golden Gate and a Black 2008 F350 4X4 CrewCab.

ct0218

I'll try to get up with you again this year. As I remember last year it was a cold day that I visited, must have been Oct or Nov. Maybe we can make it for lunch. There is a great sandwich shop less than a block from your son's store. I'm in the Waynesville phonebook.

Cooper

While on VAC in Waynesville/Maggie Valley NC.9/2 thru 9/9/07. I spotted 2 Big Horns & 1 Golden Gate.
1st night we stayed at Shady Pines in Texarkana Tx. great RV park. 2nd night we stayed at Mark Twains RV park Memphis nice but stay off the grass lots of chiggers. I have about 20 bits not much fun.
For the next stop we stayed in CreekWood RV park in Waynesville for a week. I work at the Chocolate Bear in downtown Waynesville all week. Stop in and say hello to Todd my son or Shane anytime your there.
3rd we stayed in Nashville Tenn @ the Music Valley RV park it was good.
The best place we stayed was @ Loretta Lynns RV Park and visited her home. The RV park was clean, quite and I did not want to leave but we had to work our way back home.
No problems with the Golden Gate it was a great trip and the 2008 F350 pulled her like a dream.
The MPG was around 10 MPG average @ 65 MPH not quite as good as my 2006 F250 with 12 MPG but, a lot more power.

jpmorgan37

Cooper;

We just left Loretta Lynn's this morning and I agree, it is a nice park and we enjoyed the tour. Tonight, we are in Maumelle COE park in Little Rock and heading for Texas tomorrow. We have seen one Cyclone on the road since we left Ft. Valley, Virginia and one Bighorn at Racoon Valley Park in Knoxville.

lwfox002

You are just about 100 miles from our home if you are in Maumelle, AR. Enjoy your stay and travel to Texas.

donabel

bighorn sighting

Allatoona landing north of Atlanta. a new Bighorn sighting. The owner sadi another Bighorn pulled out just before I got here.

jbeletti

Big Country being delivered by a transporter

Saw a Big Country today near Chicago on I-294 North, heading towards Wisconsin being hauled by a transport company on it's way to a dealer.

Sort of a dorky post since it was obviously not an owner pulling his/her rig but it's the first Big Country I've seen on the road so I thought post it up.

Could be someone's retail sold order heading to the dealer!

Jim

BJ'sDad

JPM, what in the world were you doing in Fort Valley, VA? LOL
Just wondering since I'm in Woodstock.

jpmorgan37

Hi BJ'sDad;

We were volunteering at Elizabeth Furnace, working in the old cabin on weekends. We were there from the end of June until we closed the cabin for the winter, last week. Came to Woodstock every week to shop. Loved the country and the people.

John

BJ'sDad

Ain't that something.... you spent the summer less than 10 miles from me and we don't know where each other is until after you leave.

I didn't join here until I had put a down payment on a Sundance in late June.

sharmulst

Big Country in Oklahoma

Coming home from McGregor, TX with a Pace trailer for our son's business we saw a BIG COUNTRY heading south on I35 at mm146, in Oklahoma, this afternoon. This was the first Big Country that we have seen on the road.
Anyone from the forum?
Oh, our new truck 2005 Dodge RAM DRW 4x2 did well. We got 20 mpg running empty on our way to McGregor last evening, on the way home today pulling the 24' Pace Pursuit car hauler our average mpg varied from 15.4 to 16.3 depending on the terrain. None Very Pleased, now the test will be with the Big Horn 3500.