Propane regulator reading red when tanks are full

mikeandconnie

HI,

I looking for any input or suggestion for our propane regulator staying red when the tanks are full. I have tapped the valve no change. One side is full red, the other is half.

danemayer

Does everything run ok from either tank despite the red indicator?
If you swap the tanks, is the red indicator still on?
If yes to both, I would say it's a regulator failure.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I wonder if the hoses are not seated properly or the ODP valve is preventing gas from flowing when the valves were opened too fast.
Turn off both tanks and disconnect the hoses to depressurize. Reconnect and very slowly open the valves on both tanks.

TXTiger

Mine stay half green and half red all the time for both tanks. All is working fine. Stove works, got hot water etc. Just refilled the passenger side tank for the first time. Knew it was empty when the stove wouldn't stay lit.

mikeandconnie

Both tanks are open and the stove works great off them . I was just wondering if I missed something or maybe someone have the same problem. I will try ODP valve trick.

rick_debbie_gallant

I always make sure my valves are Opened all the way, slow
Of course. Are all the hose fittings tight at all the connections? (No leaks anywhere). If things are not tight and the valves completely opened could be the problem. Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1231ChaseB

You might try this ! Turn the tanks off then go inside and open the stove burners up and let all the gas out of the line's then close them back up and then go out and turn the tanks back on slowly ! That solved my problem !
chaseb