Bighorn Overhead Cabinets

kaare

My 2012 Bighorn overhead cabinet doors cannot stay in an open position without me holding them open. This makes it hard to store things in them. The 2013 Bighorn which we just looked at had supports on each side of the door which held the door up for storing. We've had 3 motorhomes and all of the overhead cabinets had these supports. Does anyone have a 2012 Bighorn 3670 to compare mine to?

danemayer

Hi kaare,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. This is a great place to find answers and you'll find there are a lot of friendly people here who are willing to share their knowledge and experience.

Just to be clear, are you saying that your overhead cabinet doors don't have any mechanism to hold them open? Or do you mean that it has supports but they don't work well?

MTPockets

My 2012 had the same problem... After calling Heartland customer service I was told they had discontinued the shocks that hold up the doors for a couple months that included my build date, but then later changed their ruling. I was told at the time (mine was only 2 months old) they would cover a dealer install or I could install them myself... I chose the do it yourself route and felt that I could do a better job (which I did a good job) and didn't have to bother with making appointements etc. Heartland sent me the parts and I had them installed in a couple hours.