thermostat problems

Marlau

I have a problem with the thermostat in my 2011 3450TS bigcountry.
When I turn the furnace on the fan in the AC goes on at the same time and the only way to shut it off is to turn the furnace off.
I think the thermosta is no good any suggestions

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like you need to change a setting on your thermostat.
In the menu scroll to the fan setting.
It is most likely now set to either 'high' or 'low'. Change the setting to 'Auto'.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ILH

I have a problem with the thermostat in my 2011 3450TS bigcountry.
When I turn the furnace on the fan in the AC goes on at the same time and the only way to shut it off is to turn the furnace off.
I think the thermosta is no good any suggestions

I asked the same question last week: //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/33864-A-C-and-Furnace-at-same-time?highlight=Furnace

scottyb

I asked the same question last week: //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/33864-A-C-and-Furnace-at-same-time?highlight=Furnace

This is great. since it was 105 when i picked up my Cyclone, I never tried my furnace until this AM (40's). The same thing happened, the AC fan started blowing as soon as I turned on the furnace. I ran into the house and logged on the HLOF, and voila. I didn't know I could change the fan speed, let alone set it to auto for the AC. Also setting it to auto would resolve my furnace issue. What a great resource, especially since we only get a crash course during our PDI's.

BTW, how effective is the AC fan at re-distributing the heat from the furnace.

danemayer

BTW, how effective is the AC fan at re-distributing the heat from the furnace.
Hi Scottyb,

I'm not sure it's any good at re-distributing heat and it's probably not intended for that purpose. I think it's just an a by-product of having separate A/C and Furnace blowers and a dumb control box.