Added aluminum tool box for additional storage...

RVBuddy

Due to little storage on the Torque TQ 261 Toy Hauler travle trailer I have added this tool box on the front part of the trailer where an external generator would go. I still have a VERY tight turning radius with no interference what's so ever. I think this should be an option for our trailers. It's lockable and very sturdy. By lifting a lever on either side the lid auto lifts. Also the diamond plating matches the stone guard very good!

RV-Tool-Box-A.jpg

RV-Tool-Box-B.jpg

Last edited:

danemayer

Hi RVBuddy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. This is a great place to trade information with a friendly bunch of people. Thanks for sharing your toolbox mod - looks great.

cheska

Added a fiberglass box

Hi new to forum we purchased a TQ261 on Sept 27th. We are on a extended vacation and needed more room. The first thing I did was add a front box, due to being on the road I went with a fiberglass as it was easier to drill the holes. I can't post pictures yet but will
in the future. This is our 2nd Heartland toy hauler.

ZNK

Re: Added a fiberglass box

I think this looks great. Excellent idea to keep all of the "dirty" items away from the other items in the front storage compartment. Plus, it doesn't look like the Torque has a very big front storage area.

Re: Added a fiberglass box

OMG - I love this and was wondering what to do up front there! Thanks for the pics and the idea!

What brand/model # is your box?

Thanks!!!!;)

RVBuddy

Sorry, not sure what brand as there is no label on it to ID by. I would not go any wide then this size box or it might reduce your turing radius. I had a wider one but it interfeared with very tight turns. This box above is perfect.

cheska

Hi all on post #7 I stated that I added a fiber DSCN0357.jpgglass box on our new TQ 261. Well finally after getting home from trip here are the pictures. By the way we went almost 4,000 miles in it from air conditioning to freezing weather. It worked great next modifications is getting rid of dinette and table.DSCN0356.jpg

TheLindsays

@cheska... we also modified our dinette table... I didnt want to do away with the table completely since there is not a lot of counter in this unit... ok... there is no counter space...lol.. but when we had people with us it was torture to slide all the way around the table all the time.. so my husband made a new one that was slightly smaller in size so we still had a table but easy to get in and out and I like to sit sideways on the bench with my feet up to watch tv but still have a table for a drink or something... he also has a new fondness for LineX.. so he had it coated in the stuff to be durable forever... he used the same legs that came with the original table so we can always take it down when we want it to just be an open space too... we also use a comfy folding chair with the builtin footstool for a tv reclining chair.. all works great.