Going full timing

jtjt

We are going full timing in may 2013. We have a 2011 29 ft caliber. Anyone out there have a caliber that are full timing in it now. If so, is it fit for full timing.
jtjt

pegmikef

IMHO that is kind of small for full timing, but it depends a lot on your lifestyle. The 29 ft caliber isn't very different than the 26 ft NT and when we looked at them, we decided we would need something bigger if we moved up just for part timing, let alone full timing.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
If "WE" means you and your dog, I see no problem! lol
Give it a try and if it's not big enough then go bigger. It will be a great test for the lifestyle and you can keep a journal of the pros and cons in regards to what you have or what you might want in the future.
Good Luck!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We started out fulltiming in a Forest River Wildcat, 29ft long 1 bedroom slide (Queen Bed) and one living room slide, rear entry. We lasted from Oct. 7th 2007 to Feb. 2008.

We love our Bighorn and it has plenty of room for us.

FWIW
BC

jimtoo

It depends on what your own requirements are. We were in Utah and saw an older couple, 80"s, who were living in a Van. Make shift bed, cook outside, stayed only in parks next to restrooms and showers. (don't think they used the showers very often). You could just barely get in to drive it.

Another older couple are living in an Airstream trailer about a 1970 model, 18-20' long,,, full time in Thousand trails, 2 weeks here, 2 weeks someplace else and were very happy. Last time I saw them they had been in it for about 8 years.

So size is the amount of space you require to be comfortable.

Jim M

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
We had a 29ft Rockwood before we bought our Landmark and began full-timing... I guess it could be done but not by me! Enjoy!

Your trailer is big enough to find out if this is really what you want to do. We started with a 32' 2 slide unit, but went bigger after deciding this is what we wanted. We've seen several couples who bought a new truck/fifthwheel, or a motorhome only to find that they wasted their money. You'll get a bigger unit in time.

RuralPastor

We have the exact same size and make of TT and have been on the road for 60 days now. We have found it to be completely sufficient for our living needs. To us, it makes more difference where we park than what we live in. Some RV parks are stuffy, noisy, and close together. That's not fun in any size. We also found we like staying put for more than just a couple days at a time. Enjoy your space, even if it is just a little one.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
For me the living space would be sufficient but the outside storage for the things I like to carry would not. I probably have too many tools and other things that I may not use every day but just feel the need to have along. I like to tinker and fix stuff. Compressor, shop vac, 2 tool boxes, nut & bolts, hardware, WeberQ, 20# LP tank, wash bucket, totes for fresh water and sewer hoses and cordless drill and saw. I'm beginning to think I need a bigger trailer.:eek:

RuralPastor

For me the living space would be sufficient but the outside storage for the things I like to carry would not. I probably have too many tools and other things that I may not use every day but just feel the need to have along. I like to tinker and fix stuff. Compressor, shop vac, 2 tool boxes, nut & bolts, hardware, WeberQ, 20# LP tank, wash bucket, totes for fresh water and sewer hoses and cordless drill and saw. I'm beginning to think I need a bigger trailer.:eek:
Ray, you sound too much like me! I'm thinking of getting a small plastic shed and setting it up outside for a man-cave. A small electric heater and a light and I could spend some winter days tinkering and fixing stuff (and hiding from Mrs. Rural Pastor). I pull with an Excursion so there's not really a shortage of hauling/storing space for me.