POOR Heartland customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.
On 8/21 we had a Trail America tire blow out, it did about $2500 in damage.
I got it into RV Dealer in Minot, ND for repairs, I then called Heartland to see if the would sell parts to a non Heartland dealer and the told me that they would do so.

On 8/22 next day the dealer tried to order the parts and was told that they would only sell parts to one of their dealers.
When I found out about this on the morning of 8/23 needles to say I was not very happy because of losing a day, so I called Heartland again, it took 3 calls to get someone to talk to me. They now told me that the local dealer would have to order the parts through a Heartland dealer and said they would have one call the local dealer, which they did.

The local dealer will order then in the morning (8/24). Now I wait to see how long it takes to get the parts.

I also called Shawn @JCA and because the was more than a year old the would only send me a new tire.

I am going to get 4 new Goodyear tires. So I now have 4 great Trail America for sale cheep.

Forrest Fetherolf

Sharpshooter,

If you haven't already, read all my posts regarding defective Trail America's @ //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=2722 and //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=3340. If your tire separated like the one in my pictures, I would say you have a case. You might have to scream and shout, it is worth the effort.
We need to get these junk tires off the road before someone gets hurt. My Bighorn is #968, yours is #904.

Forrest

:mad:
Just a update on Heartland Customer service. It has been a week now sense our tire blow out. We are still waiting for parts, they say they shipped some of them today. When I thaled to them this morning they did not know which parts they even had in stock, so it will be interesting to see which ones they shipped.

I left a msg for Scott but he did not call me back. I am woundering is anyone there know what is going on

Jerry.

jbeletti

Jerry,

Heartland does not monitor the RV Service forum so they will not see this post with your question to them.

I'll email customer service for you to point them to it.

Jim

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
goodyear tire problems

I hate to hear about the tire issues. We have an '04 Doubletree (which we're selling and moving to a 3055). We blew 3 tires on a trip to Washington DC last year. Our tires were Goodyear "G" rated tires. We're not overweight, don't drive over 70 (which the speed rating is 75 for these tires), and maintain the 110 lbs pressure.

Goodyear stepped up and paid for the repairs ($4900.00) and 2 tires. I discarded one of the tires, foolishly. Hold on to the tire and make them be responsible for junk. Our tires were less than 2 years old. The Goodyear rep told me "off the record" that tires on RVs should be new every 2-3 years. Especially if they sit for any time. If you want to read scary tire stories, go to the Mobile Suites forum and look up the threads. There was some great discussions on tires about 3 months ago. Good Luck...

Here is a update on our problem trying to get parts from Heartland.
They are coming in by fright tomorrow. Hopfully everything will be there.

Jerry

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
caddojay said:
I hate to hear about the tire issues. We have an '04 Doubletree (which we're selling and moving to a 3055). We blew 3 tires on a trip to Washington DC last year. Our tires were Goodyear "G" rated tires. We're not overweight, don't drive over 70 (which the speed rating is 75 for these tires), and maintain the 110 lbs pressure.

Goodyear stepped up and paid for the repairs ($4900.00) and 2 tires. I discarded one of the tires, foolishly. Hold on to the tire and make them be responsible for junk. Our tires were less than 2 years old. The Goodyear rep told me "off the record" that tires on RVs should be new every 2-3 years. Especially if they sit for any time. If you want to read scary tire stories, go to the Mobile Suites forum and look up the threads. There was some great discussions on tires about 3 months ago. Good Luck...

What I find interesting is what you say about the tires sitting for any time. I've read that when the tires are being used (going down the road) there are chemicals in the compound that are somehow released or regenerated which is supposedly important to the tire:confused:

Parts came in but WRONG

Update;

Our parts came in today. But the bad news is that 2 bad, 2 missing, and 2 wrong. There were 3 good ones.

Called Heartland today and they are going to ship them again tomorrow (9/7/07). Maybe they will get them right this time.

Country

What the heck???
This doesn't sound like "business as usual" for Heartland...
Wonder what's going on....

Uncle Rog

Howdy, when I needed parts to repair blowout damage the shop had me send pictures, verify dimensions and then they ordered the pieces. They were spot on perfect. Somebody is not paying attention on one end or the other.....

FennerJ

Heartland Dealer Service
parts

The problem was that two of the parts we sent were damaged by the trucking comapany on route to the dealer. On the original order was the sanitation station that the dealer ordered and we sent, once it arrived at the dealer they did'nt even need it. The compartment door was one of the parts that were damaged (scratched) on route to the dealer, they are going to repair it and use it. The one thing that we did mess up is the metal, we sent metal radius for the slide out based on the pictures we had and they needed full radius for the unit. That was our mistake and we are going to send the correct metal out today along with the other two parts needed. We are also sending out the remaining two parts that they didnt recieve with the order, reasons unknown.

We recieved a quote on Friday, we completed and sent the quote back on Monday. Dealer did not give a PO for the order until Tuesday afternoon. so the order hit the shipping floor on Wednesday morning and we shipped all of the parts out on Friday. I apologize for the parts being damaged and one being wrong but three days is still not out of line as far as turn around goes. Again, all of the parts are leaving here 9-7-07

Jim Fenner Heartland Customer Service

Jim;

Looking at this from Heartland side, maybe I had too high of expectation as to how
quick I should get the parts that I needed. When you are setting in one place time goes by very quickly.
There seems to be different ideas as to what a order is, which means it took longer to get thing ordered. The local dealer DID send pictures of the damage area. I don’t think the dealer ordered a sanitation station, but if they did the one that was sent looks like it is for a Bighorn NOT a Landmark.

I am hoping that everything comes in Monday or Tuesday and I can get back on the road again and forget all about this problem.

I want to make it very clear WE ARE VERY HAPPY WITH OUR GOLDEN GATE CAMPER.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
What I really like seeing on this forum is a response directly from Jim of Heartland Customer Service. What other brand would you see this type of response from? Way to go Heartland!

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Jerry, I'm sorry for your problems and I hope they are resolved soon. I e-mailed Heartland with some concerns and the next day I received two phone calls from their engineering department. Our previous rig was made by Keystone and they never answered any phone calls or e-mails, so needless to say I'm impressed. It looks as though they are working with you anyway.

Again

:confused: Well Here we go again. We got our parts again, this time we got all the parts bu the sent the wrong color decal. We have been here over 3 weeks and want to get back on the road, so I have asked Heartland to send it directly to me so I can get it put on at a latter time. I hope they will do this.

FennerJ

Heartland Dealer Service
Decal

We sent the wrong decal, for that we apologize. Our parts manager called the customer today and will be sending the correct decal to the customers house. We are sending the decal second-day to arrive at the customers house on Monday 9-17-07 as the customer requested. JF

seabee

You Got To Be Kidding Customer Service

:confused: I don't want to slam the trailer our 3670. It is doing as good as any other new unit with its share of problems,and I don't care if Heartland doesn't see my message they all know. (Jim in Customer service, "Mr I will call you back and never will", & Chris, "OH I will call you back as soon as I find out where your parts are and Why they were not shipped.", that never returns calls either.)
Look friends, I called Tarpley RV in Durango plus emailed them a list that they received on July the 30Th and they faxed the order(they have a confirmation # from Heartland) in to HEARTLAND warranty parts who for some unknown reason never sent them.now mind you we had a Sept 4TH date for repairs:mad:. Now you know this should of never taken this long so what I am saying is their Customer Service along, with other things needs fixed. I hate it when others say "how is you trailer?" We respond " Oh we love it". "Are they helping you with any problems?" and thats the part where I can't say anything good.:rolleyes:
So if you are looking for a great trailer with some new trailer problems (as most do have) I say buy one but check first if Customer Service has improved. If not..buy another brand. As far as I am concerned,after they build the unit and release it to a dealer, its Customer Service at Heartland that needs to step up.
Best to all
Bud
08/3670RL Big Horn
Pulled by a 2007 GMC 3500 Duramax

Loco

It is HARD TO STAY POSTIVE ABOUT Heartland

Here we go again another summer of spending more time working on our rig than being in it. I was washing the roof of our rig today and found more troubles with the aluminum that rolls over from the side panels to the roof under the rubber roof. This aluminum is used to give the point where the side meet the roof a nice rolled over look. And it does untill the staples start popping up and the aluminum starts to raise. I have aready fix one place this happen too. By using a 1"x 8'x 1/8 Aluminum flat bar with holes drilled every 3 inches the whole 8ft. Then I used sealing taping and put it under the flat bar and with stainless steel screws and washers screw the rubber roof and the aluminum back down. Then I sealed over all the screws and along the side of the flat bar with roof sealer. Now more of the staples are coming up so I am going to run the whole length of the trailer down both sides. You Know if Heartland would have used screws not staples I would not be doing this. Thank god I know how to do this type of work better than they know how to build them. So far I have over and I mean real working hours 60 hours fixing the sort falls in our rig. I want to so bad to say Heartland is a **** of a rig But I can not anymore. I can say our rig is. Not because of Heartland but because I made it that way making my fixes better,heavier,longer lasting.over built. I feel really sorry you you folks out there that can not do all the repairs to your rigs yourself. If I had to deal with a dealer to get our rig fixed I would not have one at all. If they would just do QC on all rigs before they send them out and take just alittle more time on the little things. Anyway I have said my peace and now I will get off my soap box.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.