Generator Fuel Pump failure?

Grdsman

I was winterizing my 2008 Cyclone 3210 and had the generator running when it suddenly died. It had good oil in it and it would crank, but not fire. I assumed either spark or fuel, so I took the fuel line off and blew back through it. I was also able to suck gas out. I hooked the pump back up and took the fuel line off of the carburetor. I attempted to run the prime and nothing came out of the fuel line...would you agree that it's the fuel pump? Any suggestions on a replacement, other than the cummins brand fuel pump? Thanks!

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
A couple more troubleshooting items:
1) do you hear a fairly loud ticking sound when you hold the prime switch at the generator?
2) I'm not sure if they use the same pickup but are you able to pump gas from the fueling station?

1231ChaseB

I would think that if the fuel pump is vibrating then maybe the line is plugged up ? When mine quit on me the fuel pump did NOTHING !!! New fuel pump fixed it !
chaseb

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
When mine is unable to pull gas from the tank (empty or angled away from the pickup) the pump makes a very noticable clatter.
Try pouring a gallon or two of gas in the tank ( I would recommend using Stabil or a similar product this time if year if you don't think you'll burn all the gas out in the next couple weeks).
Just for future reference I would check the fueling station before adding any more gas to the tank. Always good to know what conditions are related to which situations.