No Longer Prospective Owners...

retroxrider

It's here, it's here!!
Our new 3670RL came in yesterday. I must say that I was very surprised. We placed the order on 8/6 and here it is not even three weeks. :D
We did a quick walk around on the unit, and I must say that everything looks pretty good so far. The dealer still has to do their PDI, then we will do our full walk-thru.
Hopefully we will be getting it delivered next Friday.
I'll post some pics in the Photos thread when we get it.

Thnaks for listening!

jbeletti

Congrats on the new arrival retroxrider. Be sure to put to put the new until fully through the paces "during" the PDI. Try everything. This will ensure not only that everything is in perfect order but that you also know how to use it all. If at all possible, one of you should video tape the PDI. I've read where this has been really useful to some new owners as the euphoria of the new unit can lead to such a wide smile on your face during the PDI that you just aren't absorbing all the detail of what you actually have and how to use it all.

Exciting times. Have fun and happy camping!

Jim

Uncle Rog

Have a great time with the new rig!
Jim posted some sage advice about the walk through, test everything!
There are some good lists on the web, find one proprietary for a 5er and take notes.
One suggestion of mine is to check the fresh water capacity and ability to drain. Fill the tank with a garden hose meter, drain it and see if you can duplicate the quantity with the second filling.
Congratulations and have fun................

retroxrider

Thanks to all for the well wishes and advice.
I am not new to RVing, this is my fourth unit so I know how most of the systems function (heater, H2O heater, A/C, etc) There are a few features on the BH that I will be asking about to make sure I know how they function. I plan to check everything and make sure it works properly. I have downloaded a couple PDI check lists. To me most of it was common sense. I have a seasonal site, so I will be hiiked up to city water all the time and not too concerned about the fresh water tank, but thanks for the tip.
My parents purchased their Cameo from the same dealership last year and have had nothing but praise for them. The service and sales dept have been fantastic.:)
I am also a tinkerer, so I will be delving into all the cracks and crevices finding out how everything works so that I can take care of most minor things that come up.:D

Thanks again!

madigand

I know you will really enjoy yours. We have really put ours thru the paces and are still grinning ear to ear when someone ask about it. Welcome to the owners side and enjoy. Happy camping

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Congratulation!! You will love owning the Bighorn...even with some problems, including a busted leaf spring, we couldn't be happier with the coach. Some problems are expected, but the factory support couldn't be better!

We look forward to many happy years in the unit, and since we fulltime, we're already putting it thru it's paces and we're very happy with the way it is responding to constant use. One thing we've really noticed is how much better it cools compared to our previous unit. It's been pushing 95 here each day and no problem keeping the temps in the mid 70's. The AC does not run constantly, it cycles approximately thirty minutes out of every hour which is great!!

retroxrider

Well the BH was delivered on Friday morning! WOW is it BIG! We have been dubbed the Taj Mahal of the campground. It is very comfortable. Only a couple problems that need to be addressed. One of our mirrored sliding doors was cracked and is being replaced (dealer noticed this before the PDI), the reading lamps above the sofa flicker and one actually sparked :eek: - those are being replaced. There are pulls in the fabric of the sofa (looks like it got scraped by something) - they said they will replace that. There is a 8" section where the rubber gasket doesn't seal/seat between the window glass and the frame on one window (I am sure this is easily remedied) and finally there is a very annoying creaking in the bedroom floor. I can see in the basement where the floor moves and the aluminum joists actually flex (seems that there should be more screws and possibly adhesive between the two). The first 4 things I know the dealer can fix/replace. I hope the floor can be too. I know I could fix the floor, but I want them to do it under warranty.
Other than these few annoyances, the unit is AWESOME!

madigand

I agree about being big. Wehen we moved into ours it took a couple of months of looking to find and asking, have you seen, where we had put something. This unit has a LOT of storage space

rjhewitt

Mike and Robyn
Hey Everyone,

We will be picking up our new 3670 in about three weeks! We are so excited we could just spit! (My husband's very words!!) We have a 2007 Chevy 2500 Diesel. Should we have any problems pulling such a large unit? We have been told no, but I want to hear from you- the real experts. We are beginners to over the road living and to RVing on a full time bases. We had a 26' motorhome for vacationing and weekend camping. Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Well it is almost saturday, and we will be taking delievery of our new BH. Do have some questions for all the folks out there. We seem to have a problem with communication with the delivering dealer. We made a list of things that we saw when we bought the unit. Called today and they said that they fixed all the things on the list. But they wont replace the TV. The TV was damage in transport I guess, it appearantly was loose and damaged the wood trim and really did a number on the bottom of the TV. I feel that are saying that we bought it "as is". Only found this out today. If they dont relace it should we refuse to sign the final papers and refuse to take delivery. Bob and Pat

jimtoo

I certainly would not buy it "as is". If it was damaged in transit, then the transportation company is liable for the damages, but it is up to the dealer to repair as necessary and collect from the transportation company or the factory, depending on the arrangements between the dealer and factory.

If the TV was loose during transport, then that is probably the fault of the factory. Because it is my understanding that the trailer is sealed at the factory and ready for transport to dealer (seal is placed over the key slots) and the transport company is not supposed to enter the unit. ( I was told this when I picked up my 3055 from the transportation company yard in Elkhart.)

You should not in my opinion accept delivery, unless you trust your dealer to repair or replace things as needed. After all, you are buying a new trailer.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Thanks Jim And Betty, Thought maybe just have them take the price of TV off the 5er and go buy our own flat screen and put in. Bob and Patty

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Bob&Patty said:
Thanks Jim And Betty, Thought maybe just have them take the price of TV off the 5er and go buy our own flat screen and put in. Bob and Patty
I will say don't depend on what the dealer says, they are what causes 99% of warranty problems. I will be willing to bet if you call Heartland direct it will definitely get some action going and be fixed and replaced.....Ken

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
Congratulations! We have had ours about 10 days, using it to live in and love it love it love it. I hope you enjoy it as much as we are :)

Garry & Bev

travel bug
Congratulations! It is an exciting time isn't it. We orderd our 3055rl expecting it to take 2 months or more and surprise it was here in just a little over 3 wks. Make sure you do get them to put water in the fresh water tank while you are at the dealers. We didn't and now have to take it back to get it adjusted or take time and fix it ourselves. This isn't something that will dampen our choice. We are still on cloud nine.
Bon Voyage!