Where Are My Shock Absorbers ?

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
I recently purchased a 2008 Landmark Mt. Rushmore. While checking out the under side of the trailer I discovered there are no shocks on it. Shocks are listed as standard equipment on the Landmark.

Don Michael

jbeletti

Don,

If you have the MOR/ryde RE system, it was later determined by MOR/ryde that the shocks on the Heartland products with the MOR/ryde system added no value. They even stated that if users wanted to remove them, they could with no ill effects. I left mine on. No sense in taking them off just to take them off.

Give MOR/ryde a call to alay your concerns. Also, take a look at step # 6 in the instructions (link below).

MOR/ryde
Phone: 574.293.1581
email: sales@morryde.com
Install Instructions: link
1966 Moyer Avenue
P.O. Box 579
Elkhart, Indiana 46515-0579

Uncle Rog

Don, I was concerned also. However strange the story is, it is true. If you have the Mor Ryde set up you might consider having a tube welded between the two sides to stiffen them up. Lippert is replacing all my springs and hardware and the "tube" was a recommended fix to keep them from going bad again..........

Uncle Rog

GW's, I was surprised also but Mor Ryde explained the deal to me and it made sense, it was noted that the angle of the shocks, as designed, was less than efficient. If you do have the MR suspension you might consider having a tube welded between the units to stiffen them up and reduce deflection when turning, that was the fix recommended to me by Lippert who is replacing all of my springs and harware.....