Garage to Mancave

rene_terry

We are barely home from picking up our 3950 and he's already designing/creating changes in the garage to do more than accommodate his TBird Storm (2nd in love only to his DW). Since it's unlikely we'll have many slumber parties, my DH has decided to turn the bottom bed in the garage into his personal work station/desk for his TV, Computer, Music, Video Games (think he has more systems than our son) and just general guy stuff.... his rolling mancave. He's given new meaning to "whistle while you work." Haven't seen him this excited since he had more hair. Will enjoy posting these updates. Please share any/all of yours with us.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 602

jbeletti

Hi Rene,

Terry's man cave is shaping up nicely. Looking forward to following his progress. So, his u-shaped power pit of a desk lifts up for storage - is that correct? Stuff he stores on it of course will need to be strapped down in some fashion for travel.

Thanks for sharing.

rene_terry

Hi Jim,

Lifting for storage was a strong attraction in his decision. Today he's designing a support system so the worktop area will be safe and accommodate his needs. Since my DH restores/builds antique aircraft, he believes that experience will help him in implementing strong but lightweight solutions. We've done some basic layout brainstorming, but know that tie downs are integral to travel safety.

Gaffer

Please bring the finished product to the Oregon rally next June at Winchester Bay. We would love to see it.

rene_terry

We would be happy to if we're still in the Oregon area. Plan to become F/T by next spring if DH has completed his final antique restoration by then. That's the hope at this point.

rene_terry

Mancave update: DH continues garage project. Metal frame/braces are akin to what factory used for bed lowering and painted to match....

Attachments

• Desk 1.JPG
    Desk 1.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 380
  • Desk 2.JPG
    Desk 2.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 354
  • Desk 3.JPG
    Desk 3.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 349
  • Desk 4.JPG
    Desk 4.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 363
  • Desk 5.JPG
    Desk 5.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 443

sjs731

Love the pics. Keep showing the progress.

Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cdensomnia

Any updates or final pictures on this? I know its very old thread but i am looking for ideas on my garage to office conversion.

rene_terry

Any updates or final pictures on this? I know its very old thread but i am looking for ideas on my garage to office conversion.

Good morning,

Haven’t been here in quite a while. We’ve been full-timing since April 2013. Some changes were made before we took to the open road. We originally used woodflooring strips for the desktop. Not thebest idea. Wound up removing those and laying down a Wilsonart Laminate surface. Comes in sheets large enough to lay just one piece after cut-out. Worked well as we’ve been traveling for almost 2 years. I’ll try to get some pics up by this weekend. Right now his workspace is covered with electronics and guy stuff. BTW we also found a great rug that fits the space well and made easy cut-outs for tiedowns to secure his BMW.

jbeletti

Rene,

Any chance you guys will be able to come to the Florida rally in Sorrento in late March? Others there would love to meet you guys and see your DH's handiwork.