Getting things fixed ... who to work with?

Johnm

I wanna go camping - NOW
I have a list of just over 50 items that need to be taken care of on my Sundance. Some are easy and some ... well, won't be. Should I work with the dealer, Heartland customer service or through this website? I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to work with the dealer 1st, but it seems as though lots of folks are getting a really good response from the "ask the factory" and from calling customer service at Heartland.

When I take the rig in for service (the dealer will have it for winter storage and repair), do I also call Heartland customer service and give them the same repair list that I give the dealer? I really just want to make sure that things are fixed right the 1st time since the dealer is 100+/- miles each way and I don't want to be driving back and forth trying to get things fixed and then "re-fixed".

So, to quit beating around the bush, I'm getting worried that I'm going to have problems getting the rig fixed and I need some reassurance that things will be OK. But, I am a worry wort by nature!

Thanks,

Scott

The first and best thing to do is work through the system as it is designed, which is to go back to your purchasing dealer. They will physically go through each of your concerns and get with Heartland, email photos, and work out a game plan that includes the shipping of parts and pre-authorization for the warranty work.
Typically, people call us when they are not happy with the things are working out with their dealer. But it does not good to try to circumnavigate the dealer and contact Heartland first, because we are going to direct you to your purchasing dealer to have the work done. They are an extension of Heartland and the entire parts/service/warranty system is set up to function through them - to you, our customer.
ST

Uncle Rog

Johnm, from my experience you probably will have to try to work with your dealer first, as I did. When I realized that they were not going to do any thing HL sent me to another shop that was and is first class. My rig is over now having the vinyl replaced that I called out a few months ago, even though now I am out of warranty. Same thing with a storage hatch door. I honestly think that when the factory responds to you it will boost your confidence in their warranty procedures........

I did not see Scotts' post when I put this in. Just a note, I found it easier to fix some of the piddly things myself rather than have a list pages long that just complicates getting any of the major things fixed.

Johnm

I wanna go camping - NOW
Scott/Roger,

Thank you for the quick responses; they really do help me feel better! I do have confindence in my purchasing dealer, that's one of the reasons we bought from them.

BTW: We still love our Sundance 2997BHS. It has everything we wanted. We just need to get the "bugs" worked out of it.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Johnm
I worked with my dealer and they to Heartland. Keep on them and let the Service Manager that you will be keeping track of things. Dealing with the service manager lets them know that you are serious. Also have them send you a copy of all emails to keep track of things. I also ended up keeping a log book of when, who and what was discussed. Just wish I had started earlier.
If your dealer does things right you should have no problem.
Rand