First Time Heartland Owner

Philip

We have just concluded a deal for a new BC 3450TS. We don't take delivery until Oct 15, so we are now counting the days. Dealer is installing a few accessories such as second A/C, additional awning over slide, convection microwave and a few lesser items. This forum appears to be an excellent way to share valuable information, and really looking forward to being part of it.

Philip

jimtoo

Hi Phillip,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure you will enjoy your new Big Country. When you go for PDI, do a very good inspection. Make sure everything works and you can work everything. From turning water on to draining the tanks.

Enjoy the forum and the Heartland Family is here to help.

Jim M

rick_debbie_gallant

Suggestion: the very first thing you do is when you arrived for your PDI is to have them open up the "equipment room". That is where the plumbing, furnace, power converter, vacuum cleaner, etc, etc, etc..... IS!!!!!

Have the plumbing pressurized with bot city water and also run the pump. Check for leaks. If there is a plastic check valve in the HW TANK might as well replace it now and use a brass check valve.

Buy your self a "VALVTURA CLEAR PLASTIC OR BLACK" dump valve for the black/gray water and leave it. Better to have 1/4 cup of nasty on your shoes rather than several gallons of crap because the primary dump valve leaked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new Big Country. Hope you enjoy it as much as we have ours (1st a BC3250 and our current coach). We also added about the same extras you did. The 2nd awning was a huge plus. Enjoy and travel safely.

dbbls59

I second what "rick_debbie_gallant" said. Particularly about pressure testing the water system. If the dealer will, make then re-crimp all of the connections behind the UDC and check the seals in all the connections. My first use I had about 5 gallons of water in the underbelly. I thought there was a leak in the bottom of the trailer. The second time I was parked differently and the water took a different path and ran into my storage area. Had about 1/2 inch of water in the storage bay. Dealer replaced about half a dozen seals in the fittings and re-crimped all of the connections behind the UDC. I think this has stopped the leaks. I have heard that Heartland has a reputation for building leaker's any my trailer supports this.

Shipscook

Hello Heartlanders,

This is my first post and I am somewhat confused as to how I go about it, when I saw the Jimtoo, post saying welcome Philip I though at first it was meant for me! So I thought I would jump in at this point and seek guidance.

Currently I need advice on whether my choice of tow vehicle will suit the fifth wheel I have agreed to buy. How do I get that conversation started?

Any help much appreciated.

Shipscook, (I wanted to be Captain, but the title had gone, so Shipscook it is)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Hello Shipscook. Welcome to the Heartland Forum.

Up at the top of the Forum page you will see a tool bar. Click on Forum. That will bring you to the main page for a starting point. You can click on all forums and scroll down through all the various main areas and find a topic you're interested in and then just keep going. There is much to learn here if you are new to RVing. Have fun exploring our forum.

MTPockets

Dealer is installing a few accessories such as second A/C, additional awning over slide, ......
Philip

What do you mean when you say "additional awning over slide" ... Is there a slide cover already there and you are putting on an awning over the slide cover?

Philip

Hi MTPockets,

Our new RV comes standard equipped with only one awning placed over the entry door leading to the front of the RV. We are having a second awning installed on the rear slide on the same side. We have found that having two slides on a big RV on the sunny side really helps to keep it cool when hot outside. Cheers! Philip

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Congratulations on the new 3450TS! It's a great floorplan for us and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

Best Wishes!

Philip

Thanks everyone for your warm welcome to the Big Country Owners Forum and for the advice in checking out a new unit. After a thorough check at the dealer's lot yesterday we departed for our 350 mile journey home. The BC 3450TS tracked well on the highway and the suspension gave a relatively smooth ride. The only problem we noticed at the dealer's was an inoperative remote control for the fireplace and we received a new control. Today, after arriving home, we discovered a slow hot water leak under the kitchen sink in the RV, but this was easily remedied by tightening the connection.

Philip