Step Daddy Truck Ladder

jnv

We are thinking of purchasing a Step Daddy Ladder for our truck. We saw a video of how it works on their web site and it seems to be a good solution to get into the bed of a truck. We aren't getting any younger:) and are looking for a safe way of getting into the truck bed. They are rather pricey and we were wondering if anyone else may have purchased one of these and how you might like it. Thanks for any input.

jnbhobe

I like the AMP step that Alf (Paul) put on his Dodge. It mounts on the corner and lets you grab the corner of the bed.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We are thinking of purchasing a Step Daddy Ladder for our truck. We saw a video of how it works on their web site and it seems to be a good solution to get into the bed of a truck. We aren't getting any younger:) and are looking for a safe way of getting into the truck bed. They are rather pricey and we were wondering if anyone else may have purchased one of these and how you might like it. Thanks for any input.

I bought one for my 2009 GMC last spring, direct from the owner (lives nearby). WELL WORTH THE COST! I started carrying a small step ladder in the bed after missing my "leap" one time and almost taking out my shin bone. The StepDaddy is sooo much easier and safer. And, if I sell the truck for a new one (doubtful, but), I can take it out and mount it in the new one.

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
We saw one of these at the rally. Looks well made and very handy. A perfect solution for those who don't have the tailgate step that Ford is offering. If you are getting a ford, I highly recommend the tailgate step. One of our favorite features! ~Alice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jnv

I bought one for my 2009 GMC last spring, direct from the owner (lives nearby). WELL WORTH THE COST! I started carrying a small step ladder in the bed after missing my "leap" one time and almost taking out my shin bone. The StepDaddy is sooo much easier and safer. And, if I sell the truck for a new one (doubtful, but), I can take it out and mount it in the new one.
Thanks for the positive feedback, guess what the hubby is getting for Xmas!

jnv

We saw one of these at the rally. Looks well made and very handy. A perfect solution for those who don't have the tailgate step that Ford is offering. If you are getting a ford, I highly recommend the tailgate step. One of our favorite features! ~Alice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We had wanted to get the Ford tailgate step as an after purchase add on; but it didn't work out. They are great. Thanks for the reply about the Step Daddy.

Dave49

Bought a similar ladder at Tractor Supply and it was $50.00 also stores on the tailgate. Use the bed side for a handle. Works well and use it often.

I'm sorry I don't remember the brand or the name but TSC usually has them.

Dave

porthole

Retired
Well, if you can figure out how to contact "nomare" with the new forum layout - John has that step in his truck. I am pretty sure he likes it too.

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
Well, if you can figure out how to contact "nomare" with the new forum layout - John has that step in his truck. I am pretty sure he likes it too.

Go to "Settings" at the top of your page and it will bring up a page that has "Send Message" in the left hand box. Type nomare in the "to" box and their name will come up for selection. That will send a Private Massage to nomare.

Enjoy !

Gizzy

Bought a similar ladder at Tractor Supply and it was $50.00 also stores on the tailgate. Use the bed side for a handle. Works well and use it often.

I'm sorry I don't remember the brand or the name but TSC usually has them.

Dave

Dave,
Thanks for the info on this ladder. I just went to TSC and bought one and installed it. Sure seems to be lots of bang for your buck. I am very pleased with it.

Jerry

porthole

Retired
Go to "Settings" at the top of your page and it will bring up a page that has "Send Message" in the left hand box. Type nomare in the "to" box and their name will come up for selection. That will send a Private Massage to nomare.

Enjoy !

I was trying to make a point ........

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
I know.... I was having a bad Monday and the brain cells were not all on line.........

truknutt

Committed Member

While at Lake george John showed me his ladder and was commenting on the fact it wasn't long enough to reach the ground with his 4x4.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I've looked at the info for the Tractor Supply one, as well as the Debo, and I'm happy I went with the StepDaddy. As for the flow through gate, the StepDaddy, and it appears the Tractor Supply model, will be across the opening in your tailgate when stowed. The StepDaddy, for sure, hangs across the top of the gate when the gate is up. You can easily remove it, though, and lay it in the bed.

Tool958

I've got a Debo Step for our truck that has never been installed. It's brand new. If anyone is interested, I will sell it pretty cheap. The reason I couldn't install it is that I put an aftermarket hitch on my truck that was a heavier hitch than the stock hitch. The Debo Step is made to fit the stock hitch and won't fit the aftermarket hitch.