Golden Gate

Cooper

I just looked on the Heartland site and under LandMark All I saw was 2 new 5ER'a. I did not see the Golden Gate have you stop making it?

jbeletti

Cooper,

I'll take a shot at this one.

Heartland manufactures only the new Landmark floor plans now - presently the Augusta and the Cape Cod. I believe one or more additional floor plans are planned.

There are a few original Landmark units on dealer lots to be found.

The neat thing is with some of the original floor plans on dealer lots and 2 new floor plans available out of the factory, there's a lot of choice out there.

Have fun!

Jim

Cooper

Jim, you would think if a unit sold as good as the Golden Gate they would keep building it make some changes but keep it going.

jbeletti

For those interested in the Golden Gate, other than the bedroom/bathroom design, the Cape Cod floor plan is very similar to a Golden Gate.

Jim

Scott

The NEW Landmark is now hitting the market and it has all new floorplans. Like Jim said, the AUGUSTA and CAPE COD are the first two and we are working on the next two. They are the outgrowth of what is best from our old floorplans, combined with what is new from a hot design standpoint. For example, the Augusta is similar to what the Grand Canyon was - but with an even larger kitchen (counter space and cabinetry) - it features a side-aisle bath instead of the split bath, and has an improved bedroom dresser area. There are actually a couple of dozen of last years models out there on dealers lots for those of you who prefer the older style.
ST

Cooper

Scott,

Why change the name unless the Golden Gate did not sell like Heartland thought it would.

So now I have an RV that is discontinued. Where does that leave the Golden Gate owners? To me this means the resale will drop and no one will want a Golden Gate because it is no long made. I have put a lot of time and money in upgrades in my RV because I thought Landmark Golden Gate was the Flagship of Heartland and would be around for a very long time.

Here is your reply last time this question was asked. about the Golden Gates being discontinued:

Post 5 by Scott
Just CALL Us
I don't know who planted that lie - and I'm sorry so many of you seem to have bought into it.

PLEASE:
If you really have questions like this that are causing you such trouble - or mental anguish - please just pick up the phone and call us at 574.262.5992 and you will find out that NO - HEARTLAND NEVER mentioned, thought of, or even discussed dropping ANY of our floorplans.

I have been on the road a lot lately - and I just haven't been able to answer all of the emails quick enough to suppress some of the mass confusion that is running through these thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott

Recheck your thread. That quote was from my addressing the LIE that Heartland was going to discontinue the LANDMARK line of luxury fifth wheels. That is not the case. We never stopped producing Landmarks. This year's version of the Landmark has new designs and features, as well as new floorplans. You are talking about a specific floorplan being shelved - which happens all the time, by each of the RV manufacturers, every year. We make updates and changes and we do our best to improve our floorplan offerings. Do you never look at what other manufacturers offer and how they change models every year as well? Because it really is typical to bring out new floorplans while no longer offering others. Your post reads like you are accusing Heartland of having stopped making the Landmark. That is not true. It is like discontinuing the Bighorn "3500". We have a newer version of that floorplan variation with a different model designation. It's new and it's better. We don't keep the older version, especially if sales have waned on it.

So - I apologize if you think we did you wrong in any way - but I do not agree that this is a major issue for current Landmark owners. There has always been a debate about good floorplans that are no longer built actually being worth more money because they are harder to find. We have people call us all the time trying to track down a specific model of Landmark.
ST

Was the Golden Gate a good floorplan for us? Yes. Did it eventually become outdated and not sell as many as the other Landmarks? Yes.

Cooper

I rechecked the thread it specifically talks about the Golden Gate. It does not even mention discontinuing the LandMark series.
I understand where your coming from but, I have a Coach that has been discontinued just after a few years it's a short life for a great coach.

Scott

My fault - from the portion of the quote you posted, I thought it was when people were going around saying that Heartland was no longer making the Landmark.
ST