ATF: Big Country - Popping Noise From Level-UP

laprez

The level up system has this intermittent popping noise occurring. Took to the dealer and they topped off the fluid and checked the system. Took out for the weekend and everything was 'fixed', or so I thought.

Now the trailer set up in our yard. And the popping noise is worse than before.

Any thoughts?

danemayer

I'd suggest calling Lippert directly to see if they have a fix yet. They know about this and have been trying to figure out what's causing it. If yours makes the noises consistently, they might want to have one of their engineers take a look at your unit.

In the interim, you may be able to minimize or eliminate the problem by putting boards or blocks under the front jacks to minimize the extension. Inexpensive cutting boards under the rear jacks may also help.

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
Our big country has done this since the day we picked it up. The height of the rig never seems to change. It does it more when the legs are extended more. I'm waiting until I see someone say Lippert has found a solution...~Alice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Try putting 6x6 blocking under the side which is extended the furtherest...works for us...virtually eliminates the popping.

donr827

We are on our Fall trip and have stayed at three different campgrounds so far and I do not have the popping noise problem. So far we have not had any boards under the legs. One site was level and the other two slope from the front to the rear so the front jacks are not fully extended. All of the campgrounds had dirt pads. Out next stop will be at a campground that is level and has a concrete pad. Will have to see if anything changes.
Don

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Why wouldn't you put 6 x 6 blocks under each side?

The purpose of the blocks is to shorten the stroke of the pistons, as ours always seemed to make the noise on the side the was extended the furtherest. This seems to eliminate our issue...may not work for all, but works for us.

donr827

We are on our Fall trip and have stayed at three different campgrounds so far and I do not have the popping noise problem. So far we have not had any boards under the legs. One site was level and the other two slope from the front to the rear so the front jacks are not fully extended. All of the campgrounds had dirt pads. Out next stop will be at a campground that is level and has a concrete pad. Will have to see if anything changes.
Don
Just an update to my previous post. We have since stayed at cgs which were gravel and also cement pads. Have not had any popping noises. At all of the sites I did not have to extend the front jacks too far. As mentioned before this might be the cure. You would think that Lippert could verify this.
Don