TV Needs New Shoes

rjr6150

The pickup needs a new set of tires. At present we have the original equipment Goodyear Wrangler. Considering going with the Michelin LTX A/T2 size 27565R20. Thoughts????

TedS

I just installed the Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor Pro-grade. I liked the tread better than the Michelin, with CO snow driving in mind.

jnbhobe

My 275-70-18 Michelins LTX AT2 are shot at 27K. I have a set of Firestone Transforce HT's sitting in the shop and a set of 265-70-17 Mastercraft Courser MSR's if I do drive it in the winter

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
A problem I ran into with recently purchased Goodyear Wrangler SA Pro-Series is that five of the seven have high road force values. That makes for a very uncomfortable ride, even if the spin balancer says they're "zeroed out." After several attempts to balance them, Goodyear has agreed to replace the six that have been on the road (less than 2500 miles). If the ride is the same, they'll be going back again. My suggestion is whatever tire you get is to go to a tire dealer that has the Hunter GSP9700 balancing equipment. It's the only way to measure road force problems. Wish I had (I had the Hunter system test run at a different place, at my expense).

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I have the 265-75-16 Firestone Transforce AT and love them. $40 cheaper per tire than the same Bridgestones. The Firestones have a good rating.

Bksvo

I also was disappointed with my Michelin LTX AT2. I'll probably only get 35k miles out of them. Luckily I bought them as takeoffs from a 2010 F350, so I didn't pay nearly full price for them.

Speedy

I've had four sets of Michelin LT's between two different trucks and all lasted over 80K. There is no way I would buy anything Firestone with their great track record of defective tires (500, 721 & ATX). If you are getting poor life out of your Michelins then you need to take them back since most are warrantied to 50K or more.

brianharrison

I have the LTX A/T2 and like them for their low road noise. They are rock chuckers though with the tread design.

As mentioned, they can be found as OEM takeoffs at dealers where people have elected to go with something else or bigger tires. Check in with your favorite dealer or look online. Make sure the DOT date code is less than a year old (ie oldest about 4011; 40th week in 2011).

Hope this helps.
Brian

donr827

I use the Michelin LTX A/T2 also. Been on the truck for around 7,000 miles and have been trouble free.
Don

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
If you can handle a mud tire I have yet to find a better tire then the Handkook Dynapro MT. First set that I have seen was on my buddy's Dodge 2500 QC, that truck usually weighed 9klb or more due to all of his gear that he carried for work. With three rotation he replaced them at 61,000 miles. That was 35-12.50-17.

My suggestion is to run a Hankook. I know Goodyears weren't favored growing up where we use to farm. They were always known to be a thinner tire that hated the gravel roads.

Sent from my iPaddle yo Sister using TapaDat