LED Light Bulbs

frano

The heat of the bulb in our M21 range hood has melted through the plastic lens and we're afraid that replacing the plastic lens would become a fire hazard. We've also noticed that the lenses on interior lights are getting excessively hot after the light has been on. This weekend, we attended the Big East Powersport Show in Syracuse, NY and came home with a LED bulb that replaces the stock 1141 bulbs in the Edge interior fixtures. The new LED bulb was a direct replacement for the 1149, gives off plenty of light, and is cool to the touch after on for an hour or more. It is claimed to use very little power but is very expensive at $25.00/bulb. We need to buy at least 4 more of these bulbs to replace the bulbs in the most used fixtures. Has anyone found a cheaper LED replacement bulb? Thanks. Fran

caissiel

No way I would pay $25/bulb.

Warm whites on ebay for no more then $7 at the door.

I figured that 19 or 24 5050 smd led 1141 bulbs are bright enough.

Have 10 bulbs changed so far and still experimenting.

Sent from my GT-S5660M using Tapatalk 2

sjs731

Search eBay. I bought 3 ten packs straight from China for $45 each. The eyeball lights above the bed I got for about $20 each. The light above the table used a 921 style bulb and I got those for $9 each.

Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cheska

Hi we are currently in St. Augustine Fl. we just upgraded to our TQ261. I noticed high heat from my 921 bulbs. I was able to swap out most of my bulbs
with leds from our old unit. But needed more, Camping World here has 921,s for $8.00 each . I have changed out all but 4 inside and the 1 outside
with leds. My original bulbs were ordered on the internet and are flat bulbs, the new ones are round and do not give off as much light but are a whiter
light. We can use as many lights as we want boon docking and the battery never seems to lose much if any power. Just my 2cents Bob

Tool958

I bought two packs of these LED's recently. They provide plenty of light and run over 30-degrees cooler than the 1141 bulbs (measured with IR thermometer). About the best price I've seen for them and they look identical to more expensive ones I've purchased.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170721857327;PdsSession=410267fd13a0a5abe8f658b6fffcb3af

We replaced all of ours with the same LED's. They seem a bit brighter than the originals, use a lot less juice and are quite a bit cooler. That's the cheapest we could find and seem to be a reputable seller. We got ours in about a week after ordering.

frano

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We replaced all of the inside light bulbs with LED's. Expensive but worth it!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I also just ordered six LED lamps with the 1142 double pin base to put in the three wall lamps. Found them at Amazon. Eventually, all of the 12V bulbs in the rig will get converted to LED's.

frano

Received our LED bulbs Saturday and installed all 10. They were shipped directly from China and all work well. Thanks again for the info. Now I need to find an LED for the range hood.